Front Doors on Alibaba (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure, I'll refer back to this thread when the shipment arrives. My quantity is fixed at this point, so if more than 3 people are interested it'll be first come first served.

Around that time I expect to take delivery of several sets of OEM fenders also.
OEM fenders as in reproductions from the vendor we are talking about, or true OEM fenders? What are those going for?

Sure, I'll refer back to this thread when the shipment arrives. My quantity is fixed at this point, so if more than 3 people are interested it'll be first come first served.

Around that time I expect to take delivery of several sets of OEM fenders also.
Thanks.

OEM fenders as in reproductions from the vendor we are talking about, or true OEM fenders? What are those going for?
True OEM, fresh from Japan. The previous batch went for $1k / pair.

IMG_9728.JPG

I am going to contact them on getting an FJ43 1/2 tub. See if they would swing a single "sample" unit for me.

I'll report back what they say...
Yeah I "sample" ordered a 1HD-T head on Alibaba. Came complete with valves and OH cam. Lasted about 6 months.

I’m 110% in on a set of doors if the quality is at least as good as the current Colombian offering.

I'll get those doors for you. They are packing up 3 sets as we speak.
It's not trivial (nor economical) for a private individual to arrange the logistics. I have a bonded Customs license for City Racer. It needs to move by ocean as an LTL shipment, and it'll take at least 2 months. Currently there's a global ship shortage so freight is very expensive, and there's a 25% tariff on Chinese goods. To sufficiently protect body parts, they need to build a crate that alone costs $100 (US).

View attachment 2737422
IF the doors are legit what price range are you looking at?

I'm going to step away from this deal, and see what cityracerllc can put together.
Shipping via boat was more than the 3/4 tub, so it really makes sense to buy 10 plus units, or at least a large quantity. I am excited to see what this company can do.

Opens up so much for us 40 series geeks... 😀

True OEM, fresh from Japan. The previous batch went for $1k / pair.

View attachment 2738387
These are commonly available from Toyota dealers in Europe. Msrp. ~230€/pcs (ex. VAT). Part no: 53820-90286 (left)
53810-90804 (right)

I just recently bought a pair.

...I had more conversations with them today and one thing concerned me was that their steel thickness is 1mm (0.039"). She told me OEM is 1.5mm(0.059"). I don't know what the OEM gauge was. However, depending on the steel grade, thinner material may not necessarily be a bad thing. The steel quality today is much higher than it was 40 years ago.
According to the manufacturer, they do use the same gauge as OEM (see the Product Specification/Features section of the ad)! Does this mean, necessarily, the same steel thickness?

If I could swing that entire tub/ fenders/hood etc repro, the first place I would stop is Scott Galvanizing in Ballard Wa. ... Strip. then hot dip the whole works into the molten zinc bath. I have owned this bucket and other artifacts for 40-50 years sitting in the weather. They remain like new.... And no, I would not paint the new cruiser. Flat gray is a nice color.

galvanized.jpg

If I could swing that entire tub/ fenders/hood etc repro, the first place I would stop is Scott Galvanizing in Ballard Wa. ... Strip. then hot dip the whole works into the molten zinc bath. I have owned this bucket and other artifacts for 40-50 years sitting in the weather. They remain like new.... And no, I would not paint the new cruiser. Flat gray is a nice color.

View attachment 2744330
That’s a very interesting idea!

I just had my frame galvanized and when the metal work on my tub is done I will also get that galvanized.
I galvanized my frame and am super happy with how it turned out. No more frame rust to worry about…ever. Not sure I’d galvanize everything though, unless maybe it was a trail rig. It’d be cool to see what the finished results looked like though.

Well, I have some disappointing news. The shipment of doors are delayed. The area was first hit by torrential rain due to a typhoon, so the shipment was held up. Subsequently, the city had a COVID / Delta breakout that led to a complete lockdown. As a result, there's no way for goods to exit the city!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom