Front Doors on Alibaba (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i formally and openly predict , that in the short term future ..........

this company in CHINA ( LEE SOPHIA ) will have indeed reproduced 100% of the needed parts to offer , and i say YES offer up a turn key Vintage TOYOTA Land Cruiser 40 series Varity of some sort ......

- motor and trans and axles still are un-knowns in my thought process ?

- but mark my words here 11/3/2022 it will become sooner rather then later Manifest !

- some may be surprised what i am about to say , others may agree , but i think what ( LEE SOPHIA ) is actually pulling off in real time , now she is at SEMA ,,,,,,,,,
is nothing less then astonishing ....... :cool: :beer:

- i support this KOOL undertaking , because its beyond my comprehension how some of the step by steps are actually completed , there TECH videos leave
much details out , but such is needed , because of corporates piracy of trade craft and ideas in general are GAURDED TOP-SECERT SKUNK-WORKS , and she has earned my respect ........

8BoB.gif

Do they have a us distributor yet?
By now City Racer has evaluated most of these body parts with the help of a commercial customer having 40+ years of body / collision repair experience, most of which is around Land Cruisers. Yet, you don't see many of these parts posted for sale on City Racer, for a reason.

We advise you to wait until these products become more mature. I sat down with the CEO of the company at SEMA and walked through our findings. He was very receptive to the feedback. I'll be compiling a report to help him make the necessary improvements in both design and quality. Some are small things that a factory like theirs can easily correct, such as holes being off and spot welds missing. However, small things can make a big difference. Until then, I'm in no rush to be a distributor.

Are they or is there any talk of them producing 45 cans?

supposedly someone bought that entire body for 11K at the show.
Not bad. Easy living. Already painted too.

By now City Racer has evaluated most of these body parts with the help of a commercial customer having 40+ years of body / collision repair experience, most of which is around Land Cruisers. Yet, you don't see many of these parts posted for sale on City Racer, for a reason.

We advise you to wait until these products become more mature. I sat down with the CEO of the company at SEMA and walked through our findings. He was very receptive to the feedback. I'll be compiling a report to help him make the necessary improvements in both design and quality. Some are small things that a factory like theirs can easily correct, such as holes being off and spot welds missing. However, small things can make a big difference. Until then, I'm in no rush to be a distributor.

Good to hear from someone who actually know what they're talking about and is giving an objective review. :popcorn:

The MrLandCruiser review above is also pretty good. He said the parts are up on his site, but they are not. Yet.

I find the whole proposition pretty exciting. New FJ40s that aren't original, that I can cut, hack, weld, etc without an ounce of regret!!

That's definately the right approach to take. Aftermarket parts will never be perfect, but feedback from someone like you will go a long way to getting them close!

It sounds like ‘The Landcruiser Shop’ in Northern Idaho is going to also be a distributor of these parts. They posted on Instagram a few days ago that they would be.

Here it is
View attachment 3162442
Sweet.
Step in the right direction.

Just to give this a bump. I’ve been following that company on FB and the two co-owners of that company reproducing 40 body parts are bringing a showroom/storefront to Temecula, CA. They will be selling and shipping their products from this location. They are also creating a website that should be up sometime next month per the owners for more detailed pricing of individual parts. I’ve attached a FB message from one of the co-owners regarding the details of the store, some pricing, website, etc. I figured other interested people like myself that are local to where they are setting up would want to check it out in person and offer more feedback to the community.

I have no association with them other than my 79 will need about every body part replaced at some point due to the red devil. So I’m keeping tabs on all my options. Looking forward to hearing more about this emerging option for the rust buckets out there.

7F181B39-E042-46DD-9190-A41468BBA81E.jpeg

Very interesting! They must be seeing descent demand then. Fingers crossed on the quality- it sure is difficult to plunk down $16k for an untested product. It seems like buying a painted body would be pretty risky- you'd really need to trust their panel fitment, let alone the packaging quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom