Builds Frog's FJ159 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting there
65132.jpeg

How many Cruisers lost there life for this over sized beast? Dig the F-22 pics. Tuff day at work.

How many Cruisers lost there life for this over sized beast? Dig the F-22 pics. Tuff day at work.
I prefer saved, but since you asked I bought a fj60 frame, I had a rusty 1972 that was not solid enough to restore, and then bought an additional 40 tub that had no frame and was also rough. An additional top, for 3 total, was traded for the fst doors that were included in the 2nd tub. The 2nd tub bed will also be used for a camping trailer. Most of the drivetrain came from a 1998 dodge 2500 that I parted out. So 4 vehicles to make 1

I prefer saved, but since you asked I bought a fj60 frame, I had a rusty 1972 that was not solid enough to restore, and then bought an additional 40 tub that had no frame and was also rough. An additional top, for 3 total, was traded for the fst doors that were included in the 2nd tub. The 2nd tub bed will also be used for a camping trailer. Most of the drivetrain came from a 1998 dodge 2500 that I parted out. So 4 vehicles to make 1

4 trucks to make 1 sounds like a pretty typical 40 resto. This will be fun to see as you wrap up body work. Thanks for the work pictures too.

Rear propped up and clamped in place, front cut.
65224.jpeg
65225.jpeg

Making some nice progress on this one man!

Can't wait to see it with a full top now that it's got the hatch on..

Prepping for glass, lots of paint on these old tops...
66189.jpeg

Looking for recommendations on whether to powder coat drip rail prior to riviting. That is the way I am leaning. Also anybody know the correct size rivits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom