FJ40 Rear Bench Seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok now I'm confused. The seat that arrived today is the trail max II "fold and tumble." Are we saying that in the FJ40 application, it doesn't tumble???

It tumbles, it's just that CCOT apparently made special front brackets for the 40.

Two bolts through the floor one with a sleeve to the fender.

image.jpeg

It tumbles, it's just that CCOT apparently made special front brackets for the 40.
Understand, made more sense after I unpacked mine. So looks like more holes with non-CCOT set-up. That said, looks like theirs is a one floor bolt per side deal. Rather use supplied HW for a more secure mount... Thoughts?

Ok now I'm confused. The seat that arrived today is the trail max II "fold and tumble." Are we saying that in the FJ40 application, it doesn't tumble???

That would depend on how you install the seat belts and if you install 2 or 3 sets of belts. I have 3 harnesses and it no longer "tumbles".

Understand. Just two lap belts initially, then three pointers once I get them in. Going with the gov't spec HMMWV belts that get good reviews on MUD.

Bumping an old thread to see if there are any current finds with shoulder belts anyone has been using? Got another little human on the way and would just feel better have a bench with shoulder belts on it.

I have custom made 3-person bench seat and made attachments on my roll cage for 3-point harness I use on the streets and 4-point harness off-road.

Last edited:
I fit an FJ80 third row into mine. Not for the faint of heart.

What do they attach to? I want minimal holes going into my floor. Especially an aluminum tub...

I used aluminum cargo track to mount my seat...
Here is an album:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iCWgsCvKP3bAwsTt2
Pay close attention to where your mounting bolts will go through the floor... You may have to drill new holes in the track to ensure an obstruction free fit.

I've been using front 3-of seat belts from a mini truck for the last 24 years. It's not hard to tie them into a family cage.

I installed some seats from a 2007 Scion Tc into the back of my 40 this week. If I have a chance to work on it today I’ll post a picture of how it looks.

They fold flat and I mounted them to the base plate of the metal tech family cage. Provides a nice area underneath where I’ll build some storage sliders to hide tools.

I installed some seats from a 2007 Scion Tc into the back of my 40 this week. If I have a chance to work on it today I’ll post a picture of how it looks.

They fold flat and I mounted them to the base plate of the metal tech family cage. Provides a nice area underneath where I’ll build some storage sliders to hide tools.

Interested to see your design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom