EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are all years susceptible to this fuse box issue? My 2000 LC had it happen, and now I'm wondering if I need to be concerned about my 2006 LC?
2003+ models have different fuse box. A few owners claimed they had the same issue on newer models but I never got verification from them. I can't say this is a common problem on 2003+ models.

98 LX470. Another happy customer. My EFI fuse terminal is apparently fried , but direct wire of kit to battery works perfectly. All packed in nicely within the fuse box.

Dealer just scratched their head and wanted to replace ECU.

@medtro is the man

Are all years susceptible to this fuse box issue? My 2000 LC had it happen, and now I'm wondering if I need to be concerned about my 2006 LC?
We have another Toyota fuse box that has the same problem. Someone who manages a car repair shop in the northern state contacted me 2 weeks ago. He has a 2001 Sequoia at the shop with same symptoms, crank with no start, flashing security light and engine can be started with 30 Amp fuse only, original fuse is 20 Amp. I helped him to build a bypass kit and got the Sequoia started.

I just ran into this problem with my 2001 land cruiser at 260K miles. I had crank and no start about a month ago and got the fuel pump replaced and a new 30A fuse. It was driving fine for a couple weeks and did about 600 miles. Then got crank and no start again last weekend. Took to the shop and they noticed the security light not going out when the key was inserted indicating a problem with the immobilizer unit. After a few tries (with a different key) the light went out and it started normally and has ever since. They ran an immobilizer bypass wire anyway, but unable to confirm if it's working since the immobilizer is working normally.

It's starting up just fine now, but considering purchasing one in case the bypass wire doesn't work out...

I just ran into this problem with my 2001 land cruiser at 260K miles. I had crank and no start about a month ago and got the fuel pump replaced and a new 30A fuse. It was driving fine for a couple weeks and did about 600 miles. Then got crank and no start again last weekend. Took to the shop and they noticed the security light not going out when the key was inserted indicating a problem with the immobilizer unit. After a few tries (with a different key) the light went out and it started normally and has ever since. They ran an immobilizer bypass wire anyway, but unable to confirm if it's working since the immobilizer is working normally.

It's starting up just fine now, but considering purchasing one in case the bypass wire doesn't work out...
PM sent.

Is there a way to test it on the 03 LX470? I saw your post on connecting the F pin to the 12v pos terminal. The 03 fuse box is different.

Picsart_22-10-02_17-29-54-822.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom