EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm getting an intermittent crank but no start issue on my 05 LX470. tapping and wiggling the fuse gets it working for a few weeks. I think its time for a bypass kit.

I'm getting an intermittent crank but no start issue on my 05 LX470. tapping and wiggling the fuse gets it working for a few weeks. I think its time for a bypass kit.
Is the CEL on with key at ON position when you have crank and no start issue?

Try this test in post #117 when you are having starting problem.

Is the CEL on with key at ON position when you have crank and no start issue?

Try this test in post #117 when you are having starting problem.
CEL is ON. Though it was the key/immobilizer the first few times, until I found this thread. Started troubleshooting EFI fuse and relay. System starts when EFI fuse is wiggled/taken out and re-installed.

CEL is ON. Though it was the key/immobilizer the first few times, until I found this thread. Started troubleshooting EFI fuse and relay. System starts when EFI fuse is wiggled/taken out and re-installed.
I don't think the kit will help if your CEL is ON prior to starting. You may want to check crank/cam sensors harness for short.

I don't think the kit will help if your CEL is ON prior to starting. You may want to check crank/cam sensors harness for short.
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I went and checked while it’s been working, starting fine. Va I can’t replicate it to troubleshoot further. I’ll have another look when it does the crank no start on me, just never know when that’ll be?!

is anyone buying this kit preemptively? I am not having issues but dont want to be stranded when i am out somewhere. Currently with 230k on my cruiser.

You don’t NEED one to get back on the road. I just borrowed a fuse and that got me back on the road to at least get home. That being said just buy it, install it and be done with it.

The only things that have stranded my cruiser in 260,000 miles have been the brake booster and the efi relay

Luckily the PO did the brake booster before I got it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom