Diet Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just brought this home. I will use this thread to log maintenance/mods, family trips, cool stuff, etc.

Stats :

2004 GX 470
Mileage - 117,344
Color - 1FO Silver Pine Metallic
Interior - Black
No Navigation, no KDSS
IMG_2913.JPG
IMG_2916.JPG
IMG_2914.JPG
Overall it is in amazing shape. Interior and exterior are nearly flawless with the exception of a couple rock chips to the front bumper area. It does have the cracked dash so I will be trying to figure out how to take care of that here soon.

For the cracked dash, take it into Lexus asap. You have til the end of May.

Started the PM today. First things first, had to open things up so I could see what was going on in there....
IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
The sample plug that I pulled looked pretty good. I have no idea if they've ever been done, so they will be on the list regardless. PS is a touch low on fluid. Are you guys using regular ATF or do you source the brownish colored Toyota ATF ?
IMG_2933.JPG
I pulled the skid plate to check on the diff supports as per @JLee recommendation. The big one on the passenger side has the number 6 on it and looks fairly substantial. Good to go on this one ?
IMG_2934.JPG
Driver side one looks like this ^
IMG_2936.JPG
The oil was at 3000 mi as per previous owner. Decided to switch from the synthetic blend to full synthetic like everything else. Same stuff I run in the GS400...

nice score! i use valvoline max life synthetic ATF. According to the label, it meets Toyota WS spec.

New vs. Old (mine broke :p)
10384361_10152519471868123_2078886261939503916_n.jpg

Yours looks like the old one based on the lack of the ring near the center bolt.

52380-60021 I believe.

I'm starting to think you have every series of land cruiser. Don't tell me your 120 is a diesel also ?
That's funny, we went to see a 40 series last night, but it was way to rusted out and abused for our purposes.

And no, our 120 is not a diesel.....but it may be the only American Prado in all of the Hawaiian Islands!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just got back from Hendricks Lexus in KC area. There was a pending recall for the side curtain airbag module. Manufacturer recall GLB done, and got our name on the list for a new dash before the extended warranty ran out. Might be up to a year, but it will be free !!! Now on to more pressing concerns like what tires and wheels this things going to get.

@Aloha Jen that's a nice looking rig. You guys really have quite the fleet going over there. Btw what do you use for a camera to get all of your shots ?

@half k cruiser how do you confirm you are on the waiting list at Lexus for the dash? I went to my Lexus dealer, but I'm not sure I'm on the list. I got an invoice that says "Dash board inspection. Recommended maint" and that's it.

Just call back the dealer to confirm you are on the list. I called back and I was not on the list even though there was a record of me getting it inspected.

Also I tried to call around to another dealer to see if they had any dashes in stock but the other dealer told me to bring it by even though I told them I was already on a waiting list at another dealer.

@half k cruiser how do you confirm you are on the waiting list at Lexus for the dash? I went to my Lexus dealer, but I'm not sure I'm on the list. I got an invoice that says "Dash board inspection. Recommended maint" and that's it.

Well I sat down and talked to them after they had looked my dash over. The lady at the dealership told me i'm in the system and my name will be on her list everyday until it is taken care of.

Well the first of the mods is done. Decided to protect our investment with some weathertech digital liners. I will say the fit is spot on and the quality seems pretty nice.
IMG_2950.JPG
Middle row ...
IMG_2949.JPG
Cargo area ....
IMG_2951.JPG
Next up, I need to source a set of wheels as the OEM ones are flaking pretty badly. They would be ok if not for this, and I really don't want to spend the effort to strip and repaint them.

Hi, could you take a pic of the passenger Weathertech liner showing the fit along the right hand side of the footwell. Mine doesn't actually "fill" that corner.

Hi, could you take a pic of the passenger Weathertech liner showing the fit along the right hand side of the footwell. Mine doesn't actually "fill" that corner.

pgvag9R.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom