Cruiser Trash Parts thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

En otras noticias, la Sra. Trash (Karen, mi media naranja) me regaló para Navidad este parche cosido en cadena que está haciendo a mano. Cuando esté listo, lo pondré en la parte posterior de una chaqueta y lo usaré en eventos para que todos puedan verme. Se sentirá como un cruce entre usar una vieja camiseta de bolos de la liga hecha a mano y un elegante traje country & western. Ella es súper talentosa.

View attachment 3207234
Excellent 🤩

Matt, I don’t know how I missed your message above! Thanks my friend!

Happy 2023 y’all! A new shipment of Koito Headlight Upgrade Kits arrived to Casa de Trash and is ready to be shipped out to YOU. Yeah you, the 60 owner with those weak old sealed beams who’s afraid to drive at night because the headlights barely illuminate your path. This is TOYOTA part number 81110-60P70, straight OEM goodness. The classic super-affordable, 30-minute install upgrade that gets you modern lighting, quality Koito glass, and the ability to replace H4 bulbs to your heart’s content.

Get ‘em HERE and don’t forget the HBIM that will enable your high beam indicator to function too.

View attachment 3207231

if you do not all ready ?

go on ebay and purchase a 10 "x 10" x 20" heavy duty double walls think stand alone shipping box , top long ways
flaps style ...

since day 1 i have used this add on additional shipping box approach , the dimensions are so close that only a tiny amount of additional bubble wrap or stuffing is required on the long ways dimension , the 10" x 10 " is almost identical to the OD of the toyota box and fits like snug and a bug ...

i call this my " ARMOR PLATED BOX " shipping method approach , its creates a heavy duty tough as nails to your clients door end product result

- i also always wrap each Toyota box in 1 HOME DEPOT black 6mil contractor bag well and even , this makes up for the minor slop in the long ways direction and my primary reason for the black bag is you now have a WATER PROOF candy shell more or less , all shippers USPS , UPS , FED EX don't care and do leave there deliveries out in the pouring down rain , that's a fact

- knock on wood , i have never had a shipping related damage customer service issue on a ALL GLASS H4 KIT ever , again knock knock on wood ....... :)

- and this is most likely the reason why ......

u can buy the boxes on a individual bases , no minimum and shipping is always free , if its NOT ?

look harder , 99% of shipping boxes vendors on ebay are ...

pick one who's stated location zip code is closest to yours , this = next day or 2 day delivery in most cases

NEVER AMAZON or ULINE anything shipping related , you will get your feelings hurt in that process i can tell from personal experience ..........

good luck with your exciting new adventure here ..........:cool:

h55f5.jpeg

@ToyotaMatt you rock. Thanks for all of that. I’ll tell ya what I really need are boxes for the cargo panels. I have been buying XXL boxes and just cutting them down to make long flat ones that I need. Might have to go custom on those.

Happy holidays buddy.

Here’s a wild one: @FJBen saw the HBIM working for 60s and decided to take a chance on it for his 12V BJ74. Guess what? It works!

I’m now tentatively giving my stamp of approval for the HBIM to be used on 12V 70 Series trucks.

I recently had another guy order it for his 1992 MR2 Turbo - he saw @CenTXFJ60 HBIM install video on YouTube and ordered it. Thanks Jimmy! He sent me the wiring diagram for the MR2 and the headlight section sure looks almost identical to a 60 Series. I’m mailing it out today so we’ll find out if it works soon.

I’ve also resurrected a project I haven’t touched in over a year: laser cut ABS tailgate panel to match the cargo panels.

0A720A98-6980-4CC8-80E7-76B52531A8BA.jpeg

This was an old test piece I had done. The holes were slightly off, so I went and made changes to my CAD drawing, and will send it to the cut shop for a test piece later this week. These might be on sale very soon.

Keeping with the theme, they are basic and tough. Yes, there’s storage systems, metal panels, and all sorts of other intricate tailgate panels out there. Those are all very, very cool. Need to spend less than half the money on something you can beat the crap out of? I got you covered. This is for camping, for loading lumber and concrete onto, for hauling your amps after a gig, for letting the muddy dog jump onto, for laying a piece of metal on while you cut it, etc, etc. If you chip or cut the ABS, guess what? It’s still black underneath.

This will fasten in place just like the cargo panels. I use the best plastic push rivets - yes, better than any metal solution I’ve found. Just remove the plastic push-in nuts from the bodywork, align the panel, and pop in the rivets I provide.

Any interest?

Last edited:
I'd love a tailgate panel. Been knocking drinks over on mine for years now...I had a buddy do one out of cutting board material which I thought was cool too.

Nice stuff! Do you have shipping to Canada? Any special info needed, do you use USPS or couriers such as
FEDEX , UPS ? USPS sometimes has issues shipping to Canada, so some of us are wary still of their service.

I’ve also resurrected a project I haven’t touched in over a year: laser cut ABS tailgate panel to match the cargo panels.

View attachment 3242598

This was an old test piece I had done. The holes were slightly off, so I went and made changes to my CAD drawing, and will send it to the cut shop for a test piece later this week. These might be on sale very soon.

Keeping with the theme, they are basic and tough. Yes, there’s storage systems, metal panels, and all sorts of other intricate tailgate panels out there. Those are all very, very cool. Need to spend less than half the money on something you can beat the crap out of? I got you covered. This is for camping, for loading lumber and concrete onto, for hauling your amps after a gig, for letting the muddy dog jump onto, for laying a piece of metal on while you cut it, etc, etc. If you chip or cut the ABS, guess what? It’s still black underneath.

This will fasten in place just like the cargo panels. I use the best plastic push rivets - yes, better than any metal solution I’ve found. Just remove the plastic push-in nuts from the bodywork, align the panel, and pop in the rivets I provide.

Any interest?
Definitely interested as well. Keep us posted!

View attachment 3242598

Any interest?
Cool! Interested as well.

Interested in tailgate panel as well, but also wondering about shipping to Canada.
I can ship to Canada but I’m sure the price will be higher. Great time to get the cargo panels too - adding one more panel won’t increase the box size and the weight won’t be appreciably different 😉

If you combine that with the side panels as a package, I'll hit that "buy now" button right meow.
Sent the new CAD file for the tailgate panel off to the cut shop today. Hopefully I'll have it by week's end and can determine if it's perfect or not. If it is, then it's go time. I'll update this thread when that goes live to the web store.

Couple of holes are slightly off. I’m talking less than 3mm. It would work as-is because the mounting holes are cut wider than the body work holes - it gives you a little wiggle room to aid in installation. The fastener head covers the entire hole so you don’t see any gaps. But it’s not perfect. I adjusted the CAD drawing this morning and will submit it to the cut shop Monday, so these will be ready to go next week.

I’m thinking of opening a pre-order today to gauge interest. That would let me know an accurate number to get cut so I can streamline fulfillment. Guessing what the interest will be either leaves me sitting on a bunch of extras, or worse - leaves me short handed and delays people’s orders.

What do y’all think? Start preorders today?

5FB70781-8D22-44BA-A843-4CD63E07F01F.jpeg

3D50EFD4-D116-4EEA-860B-487889C42220.jpeg

259961A1-EE70-46A8-9168-A6FD723A71D3.jpeg

Yes, I did the test fit in the dark. It was a long day yesterday and that was the first chance I had.

These are black ABS. The brown stuff is just a paper backing that peels off. Again these will be BLACK and BLACK only. Yes I have investigated ABS in other colors, and unless you’re willing to spend $50,000 to book the entire manufacturing facility and have them do a production run of a custom mixed color just for you, the only color option is black. There are other products that have colors besides black but they won’t hold up to abuse like ABS - they’re not suited for this task.

I decided to do presales. This will help mitigate costs and prevent over- or under-ordering a batch from the laser cut shop. I generally don't like doing this sort of things, but ... it's a side business and my capital is not unlimited. Hope you understand.

So, the tailgate panels are LIVE on my website. And if you order the tailgate panel in conjunction with a set of the cargo panels you get an automatic discount of 8% off, which is around $30. Essentially that should roughly cover shipping. Speaking of shipping, yes it is pricey for these - around $20-35 to the lower 48. The Tailgate Panel is 52" long before wrapping it in bubbles, and it just costs a lot to ship a dimension like that no matter what.

***** HERE IS A LINK TO ORDER THE TAILGATE PANEL. *****

And here's the ad copy from the website with more info:

<<<<<

Like the original cargo panels, the Masonite tailgate panels on 60 Series trucks don't last forever. This is very utilitarian and basic, keeping with the mantra of "everything you need, nothing you don't". The panel is made from 1/8" black textured haircell ABS plastic - it's super rugged and can stand up to the abuse of a working truck for camping, hunting, or your Sunday morning hardware store run. Go ahead and beat it up - the black color is throughout and not a coating, so scratches and chips will hardly show up. The design is laser cut for a precise fit. Heavy duty removable fasteners are included (with an extra in case you lose one). This requires removing the original carpeted tailgate panel and the plastic anchors pressed into the bodywork.

***As of February 18, 2023 and until further notice, this listing is for Tailgate Panel PRESALES only. The final panels should be ready and in my hands and ready for shipping in about two weeks, by Monday 3/6/2023, and possibly even sooner. Currently I have a test panel in my hands that requires moving a few mounting holes by less than 3mm, but is otherwise perfect. The corrected design will be sent for laser cutting based off presales by next week.

***Test panel shown in photos. Brown color is a protective paper backing and actual color will be black as mentioned above. See last photo (of the cargo panels) for the exact material and texture.

***If ordering other products with the Tailgate Panel, the web store may default to an extremely cheap shipping method. If there's a discrepancy like that you will be notified first and the actually shipping charges will be added upon your approval. Shipping to the lower 48 states should be around $20-35 due to the size of the panel (appx. 52" long).
>>>>>

@CruiserTrash , any color you want as long as it's black worked for henry a hundred n some years ago, no reason it won't work for you. good luck in your endeavors
Exactly right. Black it is.

Here is a photo of the test panel without the protective paper on it. There are no fasteners in place so it’s not 100% accurate, but you get the idea.

Again, I’ve started presales: HERE

6AC1A2AC-2597-4577-B450-46D5C714052F.jpeg

I’m sending the first batch of tailgate panels to the cut shop tomorrow, so now’s the time to grab one if you need it soon.

They will still be for sale and I’ll run batches as needed, probably every couple weeks. Again, these ALWAYS be available with a short lead time.

Wholesale pricing is available on ALL of my stuff for shops who will use a higher quantity. Contact me directly on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom