Cruiser karma has paid me back! (An unexpected journey) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Enjoyed your write up about the trip, and ALL the pics. To me the first pics in posts 36 and 37 are poster material. Absolutely fantastic!

Love that Cruiser you got, especially the color. Same as mine, only much cleaner and much more rust free than mine.

Don

Thanks!

Well it is a good cruiser it isnt perfect. It need some body work to remove some bondo and clean up some lines a bit. And a good paint job in needed sown the road.

So this wraps up day 1. Not too bad 800km traveled. Fuel consumption was 77L for 648km driven. Whatever that is in MPG

20 mpg (US)
24 mpg (UK)

Last edited:
Well sad to say i think ive found a name for my 42.... "Cupcake" seems fitting haha. My wife sent me this pic of how it was used a couple weeks ago while in the garage. Im on the road for work so its been lonely in the garage the last couple months.

A package showed up from a fellow mud member which meant the doors could come off! Was missing one piece off the oem mirrors so passenger side only has an arm...

The little boss was happy beeping the horn not stop for 5 mins

Well i guess ill use this thread as a build thread also haha.

Scored these new in box for 1/2 price of new.

Now what shall i use them for????

MUUUWHAHAHAHA!

So i got home from out of town for a couple weeks and this was waiting for me!!!!

Need to order exhaust parts and some silicone boots etc. To hook up some breathing air for it.

So after unknow amout of years (i say 15) im gonna take the hardtop off. First ill build a holder for it as my garage right now wont let me fit a ceiling lift for it.

Now the scary part of this is the windsheild frame top. One of the PO decided t oseal the crap out of it with caulking or mastic. Its still playable but rubbery. I have no clue how hard its gonna be to get the front of the top off this. Is it a good idea to heat it with a heat gun in hopes it softens enough? Got a few buddies coming tomorrow night to help lift it off. Would like to be ready for them haha. All the bolt came loose nicely so im happy about that. Just the ambi doors tomorrow which i dont see being an issue.

Oh wow lets not even go there.... Do you think a heat gun will soften it up?

The way the bead looks it might just have had a bend up on the lip then the gap was filled. Fingers crossed.

Nice roof cart! Hopefully a heat gun will work. Lisle makes a razor scraper you could maybe push up in there to lessen the hold.

Another time consuming option would be a dremel EZ Lock cutting disc. Looks like you could carefully slide it in there to slice some of the caulk.

One of my favorites is to use MAP gas to turn a metal object(screwdriver) glowing red. Use the tip to melt the caulk.

:cheers:

Thankfully it only seems to be a thin bead. I heated and ran a sharp knife down it and it seemed to work at freeing it. Got all the bolts out and only snapped 2 haha. Still seems stuck along the window frame. i got the 2 acorn nuts on the corners and the 2 screws on each of the backsides of the window frame. The rear is loose and should be too hard to lift. Am i missing anything along the frame? I got the 2 ontop beside the washer sprayer.

Well got it off! Took some serious heat to get the caulk soft but a little pring and some brute force we got it lifted on the front. Man the top is awkward to flip on it back haha.

I could tell its been 15+ years since the top was off the gaskets were mint under it surprsingly haha.

Now my wife is freaked out with my daughter going in her seat.... Any other guys runs a baby seat on the rear jump seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom