Compiled 80 series suspension component spec thread... shocks, coils & more. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stated & reality on specs are rarely the same.

Yup! However the spec is pretty dang close to reality on these king’s shocks. Given the error of margin of me meauring using a cheap tape measure it’s probably spot on!

STOCK & STOCK HEIGHT REPLACEMENT COILS

A few years back I saw a thread that had all the different OEM coils specs with the color dots etc... I can no longer find it. If anyone has found it or has the link to it I would like to add this info on this thread. I believe @Tools R Us made a couple entries in that thread.

I know the OME stock height replacment coils are the 2861/2862
@reevesci what does Tough Dog have to offer in stock replacement?
@David Otero does Dobinson have a non lift replacement coil?
@helocat Does TJM have a non lift stock replacement?
Does any other manufacture make non lift replacement coil since factory OEM coils are close to no longer available?

A few years back I saw a thread that had all the different OEM coils specs with the color dots etc... I can no longer find it. If anyone has found it or has the link to it I would like to add this info on this thread. I believe @Tools R Us made a couple entries in that thread.

Does any other manufacture make non lift replacement coil since factory OEM coils are close to no longer available?

Yes, here are the details of our stock height progressive coil options that we have in stock.

Front C59-210V $175 pair Spring rate of 182-217lbs per inch
Rear C59-221V $175 pair Spring rate of 166-223lbs per inch

The coils are in our teal color.

This is from the 4runner site i still lurk.

21" Blue Pink White 9.25 wraps

21" Grey Orange White 9.25 wraps

20.25" Blue Yellow White 8.75 wraps-one of these is a confirmed LX450

19.5" Green Yellow White 8.25 wraps-one of these is a confirmed LX450

19.5" Purple Green White 8 wraps

19.25" Double Purple Dark Blue White 8 wraps

19" Double Purple Light Blue White 7.5 wraps

18.5" Double Purple Grey White 7.5 wraps

18 7/8" Orange Orange White 7.75 wraps

Last edited:
Slick Nickle... thanks @David & @NateMob I will get that posted up on the 1st page.
@NateMob are these all front coils?

Yes sir, all the ones the 3rd gen 4Runner guys like to pilfer off our trucks for the back of theirs.
Last question, is there some kind of year where there taller ones come from or part numbers?

Last question, is there some kind of year where there taller ones come from or part numbers?

I've never seen a part number for these and no clue on which 80s sat up higher than others. Maybe one of the old heads here can shed some light on those details!

@Qball How do you like the Standard "Euro" Valving? I went with "Euro Heavy" Valving with Intermediate Slinky coils.

Also anybody got a pic of 50mm Slinkys? Preferably on 35s. Considering going down from the 75mm.

Also anybody got a pic of 50mm Slinkys? Preferably on 35s. Considering going down from the 75mm.
x2
50mm is still a mystery, well all the specs are.
All the part numbers have changed, the fronts were 5300, that's all I know.
@AutoCraft Aus or @dockbox this is a good opportunity to promote your products.

I've never seen a part number for these and no clue on which 80s sat up higher than others. Maybe one of the old heads here can shed some light on those details!

I vaguely remember this...I will have to look through some of my old notes, but there was something. For some reason, I want to say that the 91-92 were actually a bit higher than the later models, but looking quickly I cannot find confirmation.

x2
50mm is still a mystery, well all the specs are.
All the part numbers have changed, the fronts were 5300, that's all I know.
@AutoCraft Aus or @dockbox this is a good opportunity to promote your products.
This is all I've seen regarding the 50mm Intermediate coils. This is "copy/paste" from the 4xOverlandUSA site. No actual specs but better than nothing. I'll see if I can get some free height measurements. I know EHO is in between shipments at the moment so might have to wait until the next batch arrives.
"These Toyota 80 Series 50mm rear lift coil-springs offer incredible ride quality and increased towing and load carrying capacity. The springs will lift the rear by 50mm and increase wheel travel. The dual rate spring is slightly softer than stock in the first rate and 75% stiffer in the second rate for more stability with payload or towing."

Does anyone have pictures of these coils?
Please post.
Please show wraps & color code.

OEM coils still available
FL (48131-6A480) 18.75" green/ orange/ white 7.75 wraps supersedes 6A470 & 6A490
FR (48131-6A570) 18.5" 2purple/ grey/ white 7.5 wraps supersedes 6A450 & 6A460

Is it official that rear OEM coils are no longer available?

Thanks

Bump for help
Does anyone have pictures of these coils?
Please post.
Please show wraps & color code.

OEM coils still available
FL (48131-6A480) 18.75" green/ orange/ white 7.75 wraps supersedes 6A470 & 6A490
FR (48131-6A570) 18.5" 2purple/ grey/ white 7.5 wraps supersedes 6A450 & 6A460

Is it official that rear OEM coils are no longer available?

Thanks

I found a pic of the 48131-6A570 coil but still need a pic for the front left 48131-6A480

Calling on @beno for help

Coils still available
FL (48131-6A480) 18.75" green/ orange/ white 7.75 wraps
supersedes 6A470 & 6A490
FR (48131-6A570) 18.5" 2purple/ grey/ white 7.5 wraps
supersedes 6A450 & 6A460
226743d1479013506-lc-coil-spring-color-codes-img_20161112_210407.jpg

I may be treading down a worn path but has anyone put a set of King 2.5's alongside OME 2.5" mediums?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a set of Kings, I don't really want to go up in height, but am not sure if the 0-2" option makes sense, esp since I might level with a 30MM spacer up front.

Any thoughts?

RE: Tough Dog.. As I'm in Oceania and I'm running full Tough Dog setup everything from 45mm adj shocks, 4" coils, extended brake lines, adj panhards, adj. steering damper, etc., I'm unaware of any stock height coils from them. Catalogs only show 25mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 125mm, and 150mm lift coils. Website no longer shows 25mm so these may not even be available anymore.

Also as these aren't in this thread yet the Tough Dog 45mm adjustable shock lengths specs are below: (Referenced from www.superiorengineering.com.au)

Fronts: (Compressed/Extended/Travel)
BMX1002/2 for 2"(50mm) lifts: 408mm/611mm/203mm
BMX1002/4 for 4"(100mm) lifts: 435mm/658mm/223mm
BMX1002/6 for 6"(150mm) lifts: 454mm/708mm/254mm

Rear: (Compressed/Extended/Travel)
BMX1111/2 for 2"(50mm) lifts: 408mm/611mm/203mm*
BMX1111/4 for 4"(100mm) lifts: 451/674mm/223mm
BMX1111/6 for 6"(150mm) lifts: 481/735mm/254mm

*may be a misprint on Superior Engineering website as the 2" rear is listed as same lengths as fronts...

Also since not too many seem to be familiar with these I'll post the Black Mamba drop boxes I'm running. They are designed for a 3-4" lift but do so with only a 2" drop and moves the radius arm 12mm forward. Corrects about 5 degrees of castor. These are a weld-in affair but still maintain OE radius arm to chassis mouting point if you ever want to revert back. But if you do so you may want to cut out the drop box so it no longer hangs lower.

80/100 Series Weld In Drop Boxes - Live Axle Models - Black Mamba Racing
BMR-Box.jpg

I came across this today. Enjoy.

Those are quite nice especially with the built in 1" spacer which is what I was looking to do once my bumper+winch is on. King hydrop bumps wont allow you to run spacers. Look to only be for the fronts. Wonder if they'll ever design rear ones. I'll try shooting them a message...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom