Review: Delta VS Panhard Lift Bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
20180615_160333.jpg

Installed my new @Delta VS Panhard Lift Bracket this afternoon....the claimed 15 minute install is MUCH greater on a well worked POS like mine, but the effort was 1000% worth it... $250 well spent. NO more rear end wiggle when in/out of the throttle. Able to go back to a stock rear panhard. NO contact on the drivers side Timbren bump. Noticeably better handling for the short run I just made.

FJ80 Delta Panhard Lift Bracket

FULL test next week, Rubithon and back.....but first impressions are excellent :)

Last edited:
Wow, Ive just never got around to adjusting my panhards. Maybe procrastination has finally paid off. Is there one that works with the front axle, seems a bit more crowded up front.

The front panhard MUST match the drag link....so unless you want to redesign your steering, best to do an adjustable front panhard.

I actually asked @Delta VS this same question at Overland Expo, and as soon as I heard their reasoning, realized what I had just asked :)

(and yes, I pulled the 80 on the rack long enough to install this today...lol...will get serious about Rubithon prep on Sunday, but nothing fell off...yet...)

View attachment 1723923

Installed my new @Delta VS Panhard Lift Bracket this afternoon....the claimed 15 minute install is MUCH greater on a well worked POS like mine, but the effort was 1000% worth it... $250 well spent. NO more rear end wiggle when in/out of the throttle. Able to go back to a stock rear panhard. NO contact on the drivers side Timbren bump. Noticeably better handling for the short run I just made.

FJ80 Delta Panhard Lift Bracket

FULL test next week, Rubithon and back.....but first impressions are excellent :)

What lift height would one start to need this? 4"?

parallel, and ideally the same length and pivots to avoid bumpsteer. Duh. Well looking forward to climbing under your 80 in the springs and seeing how that bracket fares.

I noticed the "rear end wiggle" when I had my J coils, and the Slinky suspension didn't change that feeling. My old OME heavies didn't make it noticeable....so based on that, anything 3" and up :)

I noticed the "rear end wiggle" when I had my J coils, and the Slinky suspension didn't change that feeling. My old OME heavies didn't make it noticeable....so based on that, anything 3" and up :)
Did you have rear adjustable panhard prior to this install?

the wiggle makes sense since the pan hards are on opposite sides and shifting the axles opposite directions. By leveling the rear panhard you are minimizing that motion. Front is stuck being angled unless you do a high steer or some sort of drop pitman arm, just have to live with it unless you want to do a lot of work.

WOW, that is awesome gonna get me one ASAP.

How much exactly does it raise the panhard?

I did. Looks great in my pile of spares now :)

So there's a major drivability improvement with this bracket, over your adjustable panhard bar? I really want to drive a "before and after" comparison now...

IMHO you would need an adjustable panhard in addition to this for most applications. Otherwise you may have a not perfectly centered body/frame over your axles with regard to the rear. That would depend on your lift. 3-6" lifts are not going to be the same. Not all trucks are going to be "corrected" with a bolt on- non adjustable panhard length.

Thanks for the great review @woody! Glad you like the bracket.

This particular one (the “stocked” bracket that we will keep on the shelf for immediate shipping) actually lifts the panhard 3”. We can adjust for any lift desired, but that will be a 2ish week turnaround as they will be made to order. This 3” bracket works great on @swankstars rig that has OME 2” lift (with no bumpers or spare, so it sits a little higher), as seen here:

IMG_0956.jpg

WOW, that is awesome gonna get me one ASAP.

How much exactly does it raise the panhard?

This particular one is exactly 3”.

IMHO you would need an adjustable panhard in addition to this for most applications. Otherwise you may have a not perfectly centered body/frame over your axles with regard to the rear. That would depend on your lift. 3-6" lifts are not going to be the same. Not all trucks are going to be "corrected" with a bolt on- non adjustable panhard length.

You are quite correct that lifts aren’t going to be the same. Our goal is to get rid of adjustable panhards though, as we can easily make one for any lift height desired. Bump stop extenders (on the frame, not inside the coil) will be absolute necessities if going with anything over the standard 3" version (they are recommended for the 3" bracket, but not required).

Same systems as the ones you see in Japan. There they do it for the front too, for the shocks etc. They love lifted 80

Same systems as the ones you see in Japan. There they do it for the front too, for the shocks etc. They love lifted 80

Have not seen these, do you have some pics? It would be great to check them out.

Bump stop extenders (on the frame, not inside the coil) will be absolute necessities if going with anything over the standard 3" version (they are recommended for the 3" bracket, but not required).

Curious why do the bumpstops need to be extended with this and why to they need to be on the frame and not inside the coil?

Curious why do the bumpstops need to be extended with this and why to they need to be on the frame and not inside the coil?

Well, they really could be either now that you mention it. MUCH easier to mess with the ones on the frame though.

Any way about it, they need to be extended if you’re going big lift because otherwise you WILL have frame to pandhard bracket contact on a heavy compression.

You can see tape measure between above mentioned important metal parts about halfway down this page: Delta Vehicle Systems goes to Overland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom