Christmas Tree Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I heard once that there may be some good wheeling on pipeline road west from FR144. Have any of you ever checked that out?

I was on it a couple years ago in the summer. I turned around being alone with my family and in my long a$$ ford F350 that needs 1/2 acre to turn around. it did get a little rough. no idea what it looks like this year.

Great! Saw a black VX this morning and thought of you, are these mods what you were telling about that your friend created and wanted you to try?

Yep, this is one of his prototypes and he has the design in production now. It really does make IFS act more like a solid axle. Hard to believe this hasn't been done before. He's also working on kits for other vehicles, but not sure which ones.

Anyone else coming? It looks like around 16 vehicles with 3 maybes.

-Mike-

Anyone else coming? It looks like around 16 vehicles with 3 maybes.

-Mike-

I am a maybe... still discussing with the fam.

EDIT: we are out. you guys have fun!

-john

Last edited:
I hafta say no. I can do 2 other activities if I skip this one. sorry guys. when there's more snow, I'll be out there for sure.

I am out. Had a computer workstation crash yesterday and have been rebuilding the computer. Which means I did not get around to re-installing the radiator. And one of my colleagues gave me a really bad cold.

And now I do not get to use my CO2 air that just arrived today.

I have an extra 2M HT if anyone needs a radio.

If someone has a cordless sawzall, bring it. Make sure it has the pruning blade on it!

If someone has a cordless sawzall, bring it. Make sure it has the pruning blade on it!

tell you what... if you go on a christmas tree run and don't bring enough cutting power to clear anything you could dream of coming across... houston we have a problem... :lol:

It pains me. I'm out. 4Runner is running on 3 cylinders. No #4.

I have a 12 gauge and slugs - that's how we do it back in the Upper Peninsula of MI.

Can I barrow that set up? I am missing some things like a 10-12" pruning blade for my sawzall, and a few new chains for my chainsaw, a couple of kick ass hand saws, etc... I was going to see if they wanted to take in case. Just an incentive for those that never gave me my stuff back.

Just made it back. The weather was great. We had probably 15 vehicles but I didn't get an exact count. We went north on 144, west on 315 and then onto 103, passed Steve's land, and then came out onto 126. Then we came back to ABQ through Cuba. Evan, David and David's buddy left us where 144 and 315 intersect and were either going to head north and out of the mtns via Coyote or take 144 all the way back to Espanola. Haven't heard any report on the route the ended up taking yet.

We took 144 to Espa. A short stretch of rocky, slow uphill crawling, lots of high speed, and quite a bit of bumpy, but the forest and views were beautiful. Got to Espa about 5:15, just in time for the xmas parade (but we didn't stay for that). We stopped and chatted before parting ways. Evan went north to Red River, and we were in Santa Fe just after 6.

Had a great day, got a good tree, and was nice to meet lots of folks I haven't met before. Rou had a great time as well.

Had a great time again with you guys. I know a lot of pictures were taken, here are a few that I got:

(Sorry, had to move them from the website I was storing them on.)

Last edited:
It pains me. I'm out. 4Runner is running on 3 cylinders. No #4.

what up with dat?! :flipoff2:
DSC04359.jpg

what up with dat?! :flipoff2:
DSC04359.jpg

Funny, that's exactly the first thought that popped into my mind when I looked through the pics, the 4-runner is even there.

I'm surprised there was even that much snow and ice, it sure looked bare when I flew over yesterday morning.

Dan

Thanks guys, we had a great time, even with minimal snow and the lack of rough wheeling! Stephanie and the boys also had fun. I will try to post some pics when Stephanie lets me have them.

Family had a great time out today. Glad to get Han behind the wheel for most of the trail while I was trying to catch some ZZZZZs. Took a few pics, so will get those posted up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom