Christmas Tree Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the meeting time at the visitor center for the Xmas tree run?
Thanks

If you're coming from the Abq area, the group will be meeting at 9:00 AM at the Conoco station just south of the intersection of 550 and 528. This intersection is just on the west side of Bernalillo (take 550 exit from I-25 and proceed west through town and up the hill until you come to the stoplight at 528. Take a left and the gas station is on the left next to the Wendy's).

Some of us will be coming from up north, so we will plan to meet with the rest of thr group at the Walatowa visitor's center in the Jemez. We are planning to be there around 10:00 AM.

Hope this helps! Post up again if you have more questions.

:princess: and i will be there. I get off duty that morning so if I miss you all at nine we'll catch up at the next meeting spot.

got this from the NM4Wheelers trail leader today.

"Just a quick note to let you know I’ll be leading a group of NM 4Wheelers who will meet at the Conoco at 528 and 550 at 8:30 and leave right at 9:00. I think our groups have overlapped before without any confusion! I’ll line up my folks on the west side of the station. I’ll get them in and out of Walatowa fast!"

Let's get a show of hands on those planning to attend this outing so we don't run off and leave anyone.

I will meet the group at the North Portal (Hwy 550 & 528) at 9am

-Mike-

4 hands

Aye, for now.

The three of us will be there.

Anyword on the snow - or lack thereof?

Ali's x 3

Lawrences plus Bundugear in his 100. Does anyone have a spare handheld that Rou can borrow?

There is very little snow. I was about 8800' today and there was at best a couple inches on north slopes.

Any preferences where to go? Unless we can meet somewhere on Hwy 4 north of Jemez, we will plan to be at the north portal.

Does anyone have a spare handheld that Rou can borrow?

I have a portable with mag mount antenna that Gage has dibbs on. I also have a walkie-talkie CB. I'll bring them.

I'll be there barring the unforeseen. 550/528 by 9a.m.

I'm out. Ended up with a lot to do.

Any preferences where to go? Unless we can meet somewhere on Hwy 4 north of Jemez, we will plan to be at the north portal.

David, is Walatowa not any closer to you than the North Portal?

Since nobody has suggested an 'official' route, I'm going to suggest one. I say we do something that will take us to the west of the Valles Caldera. Then we can pick up anyone coming from Santa Fe or further north at La Cueva (where Hwy 4 and SR 126 meet), say at ~11. The NM4W will be going up through the Gilman tunnels on 376 and then up 144. I'd like to leapfrog them and go up 144 from hwy 126 and then head north up to 315 or 527. The last time I was in that area I remember it being pretty high with lots of fir and spruce. We could cut over to 70 if time permits and we haven't found anything good yet. Those are all pretty high elevations.

Didn't we do an extration up there a few years ago? Something about pickups and booze?

I'm definitely in. New engine is running smooth and dying to try out the new suspension mods. A Christmas tree would be nice too... :)

If everyone is good with Mark's proposed route, the SFe folks will meet at La Cueva. We'll be there by 10:45 just in case you don't screw around too long at the first 2 stops.;p
144 is one of the "preferred" xmas tree areas for the Jemez RD and definitely get's high up if we stay on it. I have spent very little time there so sounds good to me.

It is faster to Walatowa and nearly a wash to Jemez Springs through Bernalillo than over 4. La Cueva is closer from 4, and a nicer drive.

Last edited:
I'm definitely in. New engine is running smooth and dying to try out the new suspension mods. A Christmas tree would be nice too... :)

Great! Saw a black VX this morning and thought of you, are these mods what you were telling about that your friend created and wanted you to try?

I heard once that there may be some good wheeling on pipeline road west from FR144. Have any of you ever checked that out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom