For Sale Chevys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mods please delete post.

85F1C896-496E-4898-9E24-F4883289509E.jpeg

59033D02-BDA3-4683-9FA8-A53389989A0F.jpeg

AFFA0367-4659-472C-BD96-51FC9189E829.jpeg

31E1868D-02C6-499C-8941-0F96D9FDAE16.jpeg

6B990F32-66FA-44F4-AF24-23B38B81E0B1.jpeg

Last edited:
**** you. Don’t set your own ground rules on a forum you joined yesterday to unload your s***box when there are members who pay money to support this site. /out

Site*... also, it’s only a “s***box” cosmetically. Bet this beast runs better than whatever POS you drive. Dumbass.

Figured this much, could see it by the posters attitude and POS :rofl:

What a trainwreck...Thread and truck.

Look @Scott belfort it sucks that you got ripped off on this cruiser and I'm sure you've gotten a bunch of smartass replies in the past, but you can't join a forum and start s*** talking members who have been here for MUCH longer and contributed much more, and honestly KNOW much more.

You got stuck with a pile of junk and you know it just as much as we do. If you want to have a bad attitude and not make a sale keep it up and you'll just be another a****** trying to sell junk on craigslist or facebook - but that isn't going to fly here on Mud. Take the loss and learn your lesson and MOVE ON.

:flipoff2:

Look @Scott belfort it sucks that you got ripped off on this cruiser and I'm sure you've gotten a bunch of smartass replies in the past, but you can't join a forum and start s*** talking members who have been here for MUCH longer and contributed much more, and honestly KNOW much more.

You got stuck with a pile of junk and you know it just as much as we do. If you want to have a bad attitude and not make a sale keep it up and you'll just be another a****** trying to sell junk on craigslist or facebook - but that isn't going to fly here on Mud. Take the loss and learn your lesson and MOVE ON.

:flipoff2:
Paid 2,000 for the engine rebuild alone, the fuel injection kit was $1200, I asked VERY nicely not to comment if you’re going to be a dick, thanks to anonymity on this site, you guys are still acting like pricks.
I’m just trying to get my money back, no need to act like pieces of s***. I’m asking way less than what I actually paid for it.
Like I said it runs amazing, so don’t be a douchebag about it. IF YOU ARENT INTERESTED SHUT UP.

Paid 2,000 for the engine rebuild alone, the fuel injection kit was $1200, I asked VERY nicely not to comment if you’re going to be a dick, thanks to anonymity on this site, you guys are still acting like pricks.
I’m just trying to get my money back, no need to act like pieces of s***. I’m asking way less than what I actually paid for it.
Like I said it runs amazing, so don’t be a douchebag about it. IF YOU ARENT INTERESTED SHUT UP.

Not trying to be rude but trying to point out that you can't go on here badmouthing people and telling people to shut up. That's not how this works. It's an open forum, anyone can comment and give their .02...that's kinda what it's for. :meh:

Take the $1,200 fuel injection kit off, and anything else you can resell and just sell it as a parts rig. It's not worth it trying to sell it how it is and anybody who is going to buy it is going to part it out anyway.

I can guarantee you that nobody is going to pay $3,500 or anywhere close to that for this thing. I even think that the $2k offer you got before was generous in it's own right. And like I said before, sometimes you have to take the loss.

We've all been there and done that, so no need to get mad and start hurling insults because no one is taking your insane asking price seriously. Just realize what you have and sell it at it's appropriate value. You overpaid, get over it. Why would you want someone else to make the same mistake you did?

Not trying to be rude but trying to point out that you can't go on here badmouthing people and telling people to shut up. That's not how this works. It's an open forum, anyone can comment and give their .02...that's kinda what it's for. :meh:

Take the $1,200 fuel injection kit off, and anything else you can resell and just sell it as a parts rig. It's not worth it trying to sell it how it is and anybody who is going to buy it is going to part it out anyway.

I can guarantee you that nobody is going to pay $3,500 or anywhere close to that for this thing. I even think that the $2k offer you got before was generous in it's own right. And like I said before, sometimes you have to take the loss.

We've all been there and done that, so no need to get mad and start hurling insults because no one is taking your insane asking price seriously. Just realize what you have and sell it at it's appropriate value. You overpaid, get over it. Why would you want someone else to make the same mistake you did?
I wasn’t intentionally insulting people, but you must understand I’ve gotten this everywhere I’ve posted. Someone suggested this forum and I didn’t expect this kind of backlash, especially posting “please don’t comment if you aren’t interested” beforehand. Thanks for the advice, I’ll consider parting out. Do you think someone would pay 2000 for a rebuild , fuel injected 2f on its own? (Paired with trans of course)

I wasn’t intentionally insulting people, but you must understand I’ve gotten this everywhere I’ve posted. Someone suggested this forum and I didn’t expect this kind of backlash, especially posting “please don’t comment if you aren’t interested” beforehand. Thanks for the advice, I’ll consider parting out. Do you think someone would pay 2000 for a rebuild , fuel injected 2f on its own? (Paired with trans of course)

If you have/had papers to prove the rebuild, maybe. Otherwise keep it in the truck and run a compression test if someone wants to come and see the motor. I'm sure you did a compression test before you installed the FI anyway so keep the numbers handy.

I'm not sure what the FI 2F would cost and I really think you're better off selling the FI to someone who wants to throw it on their FJ60 and sell the motor to someone who needs a motor. You'll probably sell them faster that way and get some more money for them potentially.

I didn’t expect this kind of backlash, especially posting “please don’t comment if you aren’t interested” beforehand.

You're really sticking to that, but nobody cares, and it's futile to bring it up 10 more times after every response. People are going to reply no matter what "rules" you make. That's the way it is. Saying "please don’t comment if you aren’t interested" isn't going to do jack towards your goal of breaking even on this. Take the knowledge you get here and make a decision for what to do with your current Cruiser and make a better decision about what to buy next time.

There is no anonymity on this forum. Get the wrong rep and good luck getting anything done after that. Start over at zero posts and build from scratch.

For starters I doubt the engine got rebuilt for $2000.00! It looks like you may have had the head rebuilt as the pic shows an engine in the bay with the head removed and a fuel inj unit installed. :doh:

And as for someone good with metal skills to rebuild this rig, you got to be kidding, its not worth the effort, its a part truck and if you can get $2000 then you are one lucky individual. :deadhorse:

One of the pics shows the frame and it is clear to see that it looks like someone tried to jack on it and it started to cave in!:(

Oh man.. every time he ends a post with ‘shut up’ or STFU or ‘**** off’ or ‘after I intentionally asked you not to comment if you aren’t interested’ I get the lulz..

Can we keep him? Just for a little bit? I promise I’ll walk him and feed him and everything... i swear I will..

General advice for posting in any free public forum

Honest wholesome non jerk advice: The sum of the parts in the truck outweighs the value of the truck = truth. Unfortunately the truck itself is really ugly and that is what the eye looks at. You would likely have better luck selling the parts individually. I'd wager there are people on here who would buy a winch if it didn't require taking home an entire truck, or a TBI kit, etc etc. Its definitely more effort on your part.

Another way to approach listing the ad is to say you have this truck, here are the good things, here are the bad things. I'd really like to get X for it. I know its got an ugly body but I feel the parts it comes with validate my asking price. Be very thorough and detailed in your information and the pictures then back it up.

Avoid saying things like "Please don’t reply if you aren’t interested. Thanks" and avoid calling people bad names because they commented on a public forum. That is like walking into a bar, telling all of the patrons they are the gayest group of rednecks you have ever seen, and then sitting at the bar and asking not to be disturbed......and then wondering why there is a bar stool cracking around your neck.

General advice for posting in any free public forum

Honest wholesome non jerk advice: The sum of the parts in the truck outweighs the value of the truck = truth. Unfortunately the truck itself is really ugly and that is what the eye looks at. You would likely have better luck selling the parts individually. I'd wager there are people on here who would buy a winch if it didn't require taking home an entire truck, or a TBI kit, etc etc. Its definitely more effort on your part.

Another way to approach listing the ad is to say you have this truck, here are the good things, here are the bad things. I'd really like to get X for it. I know its got an ugly body but I feel the parts it comes with validate my asking price. Be very thorough and detailed in your information and the pictures then back it up.

Avoid saying things like "Please don’t reply if you aren’t interested. Thanks" and avoid calling people bad names because they commented on a public forum. That is like walking into a bar, telling all of the patrons they are the gayest group of rednecks you have ever seen, and then sitting at the bar and asking not to be disturbed......and then wondering why there is a bar stool cracking around your neck.

You know, I’ll agree 100% with this. I apologize to the others in the thread I’ve insulted , I’ve had a really hard week, I don’t wish to go into details because I don’t want sympathy, but know I regret how I handled those situations.

If the mods would be kind enough to delete this thread I’ll be posting it in a part out thread instead. Thanks for everyone for the advice.
Again, I’m sorry. I really didn’t handle this well. I’m just frustrated at how much money I lost + several personal things happened this week. I don’t mean to make excuses but you’d agree if you knew what’s happened .
Thanks

If you want this deleted, hit the report button at the bottom of your first post and politely explain why you're calling in the air strike. I *THINK* the management will be agreeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom