Charlottesville, Va Roll Call? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whats the issue with yours? sunroof wont open? (i dont have one for you, and my sunroof doesnt open right, just curious)
Sunroof is stuck about 1/8” from closing and won’t move. I pulled it once and found the plastic around the cables is all chewed up. Pretty sure my motor is good, just cables are frozen up. I think the Truck sat for a while before I bought it.

Anyone know a junkyard in the area that might have some 100 series LC/LX470s or someone whos parting out a truck that I could get a drivers side knuckle and spindle off of?

All right this has gotta be someone in this thread. Just saw it outside Harris Teeter...nice truck!

IMG_7255.jpg

Does anybody in the area have Techstream? I have a crank/no-start mystery and I've ruled out the usual suspects (battery, fuel pump, starter, immobilizer, etc.) Hoping to see if there is a code (maybe for crank or cam sensor) that my cheapy OBDII reader isnt picking up.

Does anybody in the area have Techstream? I have a crank/no-start mystery and I've ruled out the usual suspects (battery, fuel pump, starter, immobilizer, etc.) Hoping to see if there is a code (maybe for crank or cam sensor) that my cheapy OBDII reader isnt picking up.
I'm not close, but I have Techstream if you don't have luck with someone closer to you.

All right this has gotta be someone in this thread. Just saw it outside Harris Teeter...nice truck!
That's mine.
Danny's Quality Upholstery in town made the convertible top for it: metal ribs and all.

He opened a second shop location.

B&W auto body cut out rusty quarters and rockers and welded in aftermarket replacement panels brought from Europe by a MUD member.

He opened a second shop location.

B&W auto body cut out rusty quarters and rockers and welded in aftermarket replacement panels brought from Europe by a MUD member.
Where are they located?

Danny’s 2nd shop is out towards Ruckersville.

B&W is out Avon Street Extended, past Monticello High.

I've used Dannyz Unique Upholstery. He did good work on my FJ60 seat. Redid the vinyl and put new padding. He also did my father in law's 2004 chevy truck headliner. Does great work and reasonably priced.

Dannyz does a bit of everything, classic cars, classic boats, antique upholstery. Give him a call or better go by there and show him what you have. Go past Tractor Supply, there is a new apt complex being built. Take a left just past that and Dannyz is like the 2nd building on the (edit) right going up the hill. No parking spaces on the road but there is a smaller parking lot uphill and on the right.

Last edited:
When I talked to him at his shop in November, they were out on Ivy Road... did he move again?
Danny's Quality Upholstery | Charlottesville, VA | 434-293-3506 - https://www.dannysqualityupholstery.com/contact
So here's the story with Danny's: there are two. Danny's Quality Upholstery on Ivy Rd and Dannyz Unique Upholstery on Belleview Ave. I have used both and both do good work. The funny part is they are related (cousins I believe) and both refuse to change their name adding to the confusion. To make things even more confusing, Dannyz is right down the road from the Tractor Supply and Danny's is right down the road from Virginia Tractor. In conversation, without knowing, it's incredibly difficult to tell the difference between the two or even understand there are two different ones.

Danny of Danny's Quality Upholstery; his dad named Danny used to run the shop in the Belview area of town but the son Danny moved it out Ivy Road,

Well I bit the bullet and bought an OME lift kit for my '74 40. Anyone around Cville up for some wrenching one of these weekends with the warmer weather? Happy to compensate with beer and cruiser talk.

Well I bit the bullet and bought an OME lift kit for my '74 40. Anyone around Cville up for some wrenching one of these weekends with the warmer weather? Happy to compensate with beer and cruiser talk.
I've got an impact wrench, breaker bar, prybars, map gas, plenty of tools, floor jack, jack stands etc(no shop) but a level driveway. I did my OME 2 years ago. Let me know if you want to bring it by.

Selling my Overland Pros 2500 270 Degree Awning for sale $400 with individual sidewall, if anyone in the area is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom