Charlottesville, Va Roll Call? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All trails I'm familiar with are open as per usual, official campgrounds, visitor centers, and what not closed but dispersed camping is allowed. We've done some dispersed camping past couple weekends. Gonna get pretty rough though in the valley economically. Pay cuts and lay offs at a lot of the factories, even the ones that are still open. Might really get the wife into dispersed camping (nothing like free).

I

image.jpg

Anyone know who drives a bright green, white top BJ40 around Charlottesville? Got woken up by it during my truck nap on my lunch break. Has some company logo like a mountain or something on the side of it. Couldn't get a picture of it but the thing looks pretty damn nice

Did a just me and the boys trip to a fantastic spot near Harrisonburg, plus full 3G LTE coverage was nice.
unnamed.jpg

IMG-4353.jpg

IMG-4347.jpg

IMG-4342.jpg

IMG-4344.jpg

Is that a potato canon strapped to your roof rack?
Essentially, lol. Its a very homemade DIY pressurized shower tank made out of 4 inch pvc with some fittings and a quick connect for a hose.

FR-72, aka Long Run road, first section is very tame but has some fun offshoots, and connects to FR240 and FR423 for mile and miles of other dirt roads.

Went up long run a couple years ago when the state was re cutting with a skid steer. Essentially that made it one long muddy track. Was a lot of fun, didn't get stuck surprisingly. I heard now it's in good shape with gravel.

Love the blue. Which are you keeping and which are you selling?
Good question, and that has not been an easy decision. The truck in front of the mural is actually painted “ Dark blue metallic” And I love that color. I like it a lot more than the other truck which was originally painted “blue”, although I feel like they look kind of the same in the two pictures. The truck in front of the mural was just painted, and it is very original, and it looks incredible. It also has the 3FE motor and H 55 five speed manual transmission. I just tonight finished ripping out all the old carpet because I’m going to replace it, and there is absolutely zero rust anywhere in the floor of this truck. As much as I would like to keep it, this truck is probably more valuable and marketable so I think I’m going to sell it and put the money into the other truck which has tons of modifications and kind of a weird bedliner black paint along the bottom of the truck all the way around. This one also has the H 55 transmission, but it is mated to a carbureted 2F engine. I am trying to perfect the first truck, so that I can get some decent money for it on bring a trailer. So far, this has been a really fun project and I will continue to drive that truck while I get it ready… Which means getting it ready might take, um, a little bit longer than my wife might like.
that's probably way more of an answer than you were looking for...sorry.

Last edited:
How much does a clean one of those go? I didn't think they mated the 5-speed manual to the 60 series in the US. Maybe I'm mixing up the 60 and 62. My knowledge is pretty limited outside of the 100 series. I love my 100, but a manual would make me much happier. And there is a certain appeal to having a truck the same age as me.

How much does a clean one of those go? I didn't think they mated the 5-speed manual to the 60 series in the US. Maybe I'm mixing up the 60 and 62. My knowledge is pretty limited outside of the 100 series. I love my 100, but a manual would make me much happier. And there is a certain appeal to having a truck the same age as me.
My understanding is that they did not pair the H55 with the 3fe in the U.S., only in Australia. But I am no expert here. But, it is a fantastic combination. Pulls well way down low, and then rolls at 75-80 on the highway no problem. In comparison, the 2f/H55 in the other one is a total pig. Drives like a forklift. Wait...oh yeah, that is a forklift engine....
Lots of 60s and 62s get sold on BaT. Really clean, low mileage, original ones go for $45K - the perfect ones. Many go for $25 - $35K.

Yeah. I thought the 60 was the 2F with a 4-speed manual and the 62 got the 3F/3FE and the auto in the US. Is the truck a 60 or 62? Is it US, Japanese, or Australian or just an engine and/or trans swap?

Last edited:
H55f's still available new. The input shaft, bell-housing and such maybe not so easy.

Alright, who’s got the white 80’a series on like 37’s and just drive by my neighborhood? Fess up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom