Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried and failed to pull up the class rules but I think they may not be permitted in that class.

That's a pretty good reason! Thanks.

@cruiseroutfit Thanks for looping us in on your adventures - always a satisfying read.

One question: I just noticed there is no snorkel on your race truck. Was there one on previous trucks? What's the rationale for not running one now?

TIA

In this situation a snorkel to a stock filter box would undoubtedly lead to a clogged filter. We run a massive dry filter inside the cab behind the glove box. I'll snag a pic to explain better.

@cruiseroutfit Thanks for looping us in on your adventures - always a satisfying read.

One question: I just noticed there is no snorkel on your race truck. Was there one on previous trucks? What's the rationale for not running one now?

TIA
In jest reason: There were no Malls on the route? Sorry just had to be a smart azz

In jest reason: There were no Malls on the route? Sorry just had to be a smart azz

No malls on the route of the Dakar Rally, either; but those pesky snorkels keep showing up:

2016-Dakar-Rally-2.jpg

;)

Are you sure thats not the exhaust for the Flux Capacitor or the ram Air exit for the roof mounted scoop? :steer:

Still working on a race report but how about some pics of the action

IMG_4618.JPG

Courtesy of RaceDezert

She got quite roughed up :eek:

IMG_4620.JPG

IMG_4619.PNG

Pit and driver change action courtesy of Jeremy Averett

IMG_4621.JPG

IMG_4623.JPG

Our Chase team and support network is amazing, these guys are literally a light of hope after hours wandering through a random silt bed. Some aren't even in Mexico but provide web Chase support and communications to our entire team up and down the Baja Peninsula. @Trunk Monkey @woody @xiero and other have filled this role for us over the years and they all can't be thanked enough.

Six tired dudes. Most of us hadn't slept in 36 hours at this point.

IMG_4624.JPG

Courtesy of @Box Rocket

Awesome stuff!

Do you have formal reporting lines back to mother Toyota about the durability/reliability/failures of certain components for next gen improvements?

Obviously this is out of the ordinary use but it is “testing” that Toyota could capitalize on for basically free.

As you’re aware, the 200 front end is basically a beefed up 120 front end. Some diehard cruiser heads won’t like hearing that but the assemblies are nearly identical, just bigger on the 200. Curious to see what the front ends on the 300 look like seeing as Toyota had a few years to see how the 120 platform held up during the R&D phase of the 200.

As a guy who races cars I have no idea how I missed this. I have been doing circle track for years with a few years of SCCA IT mixed in. This year we won a track championship locally and went to Bristol Tn and bent a race car. It was fun.

Reactions: dmc
Snow racing anyone? :D

IMG_5117.JPG

Poser. I see tires behind them track-thingys.:hillbilly:

Poser. I see tires behind them track-thingys.:hillbilly:

We may get a wild hair and bolt them on. The tracks are for Ryan's Sequoia snow build.

Tagged for the new season

Tagged for the new season

Perfect timing. Race prep is about to kick off. It's been patiently waiting for some love and TLC, still under a layer of Baja dust, sweat and urine :D

20181229_174900.jpg

Prep time :D

Is the silver thing inside the axle housing the cone to center the axle shaft for stabbing it? Are those normally loose? or just something you guys did for your prep or repair?

Is the silver thing inside the axle housing the cone to center the axle shaft for stabbing it? Are those normally loose? or just something you guys did for your prep or repair?

Good eye!

That is the axle tube baffle. They simply spring into clips in the axle housing. I pulled them out to inspect the tube for any material, cracks, etc. That will go back in when we inspect the diff and reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom