Building the Princess - HJ60 build blog. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So close to the exterior being finished.. just decals and a rear bumper to go on, both of which I do not yet have..

1704084944086.png

Engine bay.. awaiting repair on the heater core to finish off the coolant plumbing.. then might start considering the A/C install..

1704087256787.png

Any plans to put your Race Spec 2H on the dyno?

With great power, comes great responsibility.

103hp from factory.. I am quietly confident this one may in fact be 104hp.

Balls deep into the A/C, Heater and Blower now.. the whole lot out for cleaning. New TX Valve and Evaporator going in while its out and the dash metalwork getting fresh paint.

1704529700893.png

Mucking about with the new centre console.. a little fridge/freezer (compressor)..
1706950875131.png

A few random images from the past few days..

Only the best perfume for this girl..

1709363171647.png

Nailed the cutouts in the carpet for the two shifters..

1709363245297.png

Woohooo found this hook for the front bar that I had been searching for in my shed for weeks..

1709363414311.png

All officially registered and ready for road tests... interior is looking great, but the head lining choice is still not made, considering just sound deadening and leaving it open.

1709363534247.png

Last piece of the puzzle for the wipers!

1709885045268.png

Road testing has commenced! 30klms today and a very limited list of issues to resolve so far:

• Fuel gauge not working
  • Indicator auto cancel not reliable
  • Driver's side quarter window wont open

It feels so nimble on the road.. this 2H is a freak, it genuinely feels turboed! The plan now is to put about 800klms on it, then bring it back into the workshop and resolve the issues and then get stuck into getting the A/C installed and the rear touring fit out done. Rear bar still need to be bought/found, headlining decision still to be made, window tinting going on this week I hope.

IMG_4048.JPG
IMG_4116.JPG
IMG_4120.JPG
IMG_4121.JPG
IMG_4122.JPG

I’m curious what your plans are for the headliner. You mentioned leaving it open and going with only insulation. Since the side quarter glass and windshield are back in, those would have to come out to put a factory style liner back in. Your build is awesome and I’ve enjoyed following along.

Road testing has commenced! 30klms today and a very limited list of issues to resolve so far:

• Fuel gauge not working
  • Indicator auto cancel not reliable
  • Driver's side quarter window wont open

It feels so nimble on the road.. this 2H is a freak, it genuinely feels turboed! The plan now is to put about 800klms on it, then bring it back into the workshop and resolve the issues and then get stuck into getting the A/C installed and the rear touring fit out done. Rear bar still need to be bought/found, headlining decision still to be made, window tinting going on this week I hope.

View attachment 3606784View attachment 3606785View attachment 3606786View attachment 3606787View attachment 3606788
you even had time to mow your lawn! :D

I’m curious what your plans are for the headliner. You mentioned leaving it open and going with only insulation. Since the side quarter glass and windshield are back in, those would have to come out to put a factory style liner back in. Your build is awesome and I’ve enjoyed following along.

I am happy to take the glass out again if I go down that route.. but I am very much tending towards stick on sound deadening (neatly cut and applied).. I want to put an overhead console in and having access to the roof space to apply rust preventing goop of some sort on a regular basis is attractive.

I am happy to take the glass out again if I go down that route.. but I am very much tending towards stick on sound deadening (neatly cut and applied).. I want to put an overhead console in and having access to the roof space to apply rust preventing goop of some sort on a regular basis is attractive.
Good call. Access to the underside of the roof makes sense

Shiny new badges! I love that "LandCruiser" font.. its perfect.

1713421245451.png

The big problems are cropping up now.. dipstick came out, but wouldn't go back in.. was jamming at the bottom.. tried a spare one too. Brought the tube out and managed to fish this out of the bottom of it!

165klms and the, real, most significant issue is still the non functional fuel gauge.. tested the wiring on the weekend and its all good, 100% just a sender fault, new one ordered. Also, lack of a drink holder needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later.. the chronic Pepsi Max habit I have demands it.

1713767690753.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom