Builds 'Brightening' a Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

have you thought more about modifying your front spring perches to bring the front ride height up a bit?

have you thought more about modifying your front spring perches to bring the front ride height up a bit?

Yes and no. @POTATO LAUNCHER moved his inboard some but I want to get a little more lift out of the truck so SOA might be my only option...unless I decide to go coil spring up front.

Oh! Yea I remember chatting with you about that. I think if I were to shorten them to raise it up, I might as well go SOA. I feel like I won't get the clearance I really need until I do it. Have you run into any rubbing up front?

A little bit in the front of the wheel wells, my front axle is about 3” forwards though

Fiddling around and found a nice oem fog switch. Useless right now, pending a bumper and some lights to make it useful. Need to make some waterslide decals for the blank switch. If anyone needs a fog switch without logos, I have a spare now for sale.

IMG_4169.jpeg

How was black bear pass? That’s been on my bucket list for a while.

It's beautiful and highly recommended along with Imogene Pass! If you make the trek to Telluride you'll have a large number of trails and you can work your way up to black bear if you aren't comfortable. I'd recommend a spotter for black bear as the first time it can be a little hairy, one off camber spot and a 3-4 point turn is tricky. It's worth it for the view.

DSC02474-2.jpg
3BFA6B26-BEFE-47B7-A722-2D8E5D5EFFD1.jpg

B987A568-1950-4C5E-A843-F3B16D0D78A5.jpg

It's beautiful and highly recommended along with Imogene Pass! If you make the trek to Telluride you'll have a large number of trails and you can work your way up to black bear if you aren't comfortable. I'd recommend a spotter for black bear as the first time it can be a little hairy, one off camber spot and a 3-4 point turn is tricky. It's worth it for the view.

View attachment 2458551View attachment 2458552
View attachment 2458553
Wow sketchy but beautiful

Stupid exhaust rattle became clearly apparent. 2/3 mounts were split completely and the only one in one piece held the tailpipe. Thanks to partsouq as always, got it here in 4 days at half the price of US dealer ships...and fresh hardware!

deuzSq7l.jpg
Its crazy how fast parts get to me from partsq

Finally plugged away at some part numbers and made a new alternator adjuster kit. All genuine and works like a charm. Threads in alternator are rough and decided to put this together instead of heli/timesert.

I'm in the same boat with my alternator adjuster. I have a generic m8x1.25x130mm tap bolt on the way but this looks like a way more better (genuine) solution.

Care to share those part numbers?

I'm in the same boat with my alternator adjuster. I have a generic m8x1.25x130mm tap bolt on the way but this looks like a way more better (genuine) solution.

Care to share those part numbers?

Same... I need this set up.

A while ago I purchased the non-USA 3F pcv vent hardline because it appeared it would be a direct replacement for desmogged trucks. My quick fitting made me think it wouldn’t fit....

Well I was WRONG!

3F pcv hardline fits perfectly, only two items to note, ever so slightly bend the hardline just a hair away from manifold, i did this off truck and test fit, no issue at all. Then add a 8-9mm spacer behind the bracket off the hardline and voila! Now the truck is completely desmogged and the only non Toyota item is the J Pipe block off from @FJ40Jim

Also did a carb rebuild, thanks @cruiseroutfit for the kit. Might give you a buzz on mixture screw, mine is a little bent...

View attachment 1905502

View attachment 1905503

View attachment 1905500
Thanks for the great build thread! I just spent alot of time reading thru it all and have been collecting engine bay parts for a similar outcome. Did you end up using this part 12225-61010? I cannot find it anywhere, but assume since it is non-usa it is not easy to get? I saw an old listing that you had one for sale?
My 2F carb hat has a small hose hole in it at the flat part near the butterfly nut, any ideas what that is for? Otherwise it looks like the 90 degree bigger hole connection
2020-12-26 17.56.08.jpg
goes to the head cover vent?
Probably an obvious question, but i need to do my side cover gasket. Can it be done without dumping all the oil? Has yours held up good using only the cork gasket and the spec torque?
Thanks again for any help with this and for your thread.

Thanks for the great build thread! I just spent alot of time reading thru it all and have been collecting engine bay parts for a similar outcome. Did you end up using this part 12225-61010? I cannot find it anywhere, but assume since it is non-usa it is not easy to get? I saw an old listing that you had one for sale?
My 2F carb hat has a small hose hole in it at the flat part near the butterfly nut, any ideas what that is for? Otherwise it looks like the 90 degree bigger hole connectionView attachment 2535814 goes to the head cover vent?
Probably an obvious question, but i need to do my side cover gasket. Can it be done without dumping all the oil? Has yours held up good using only the cork gasket and the spec torque?
Thanks again for any help with this and for your thread.

I sure did! It's been on the truck for a couple years now. That is the first time I've seen one with the hose barb next to the carb mounting hole. I can't totally tell if its original but if it is, its something for recirculating back into the carb. I can look and see for a definitive answer on what later today or tomorrow.

For the side cover, yes it can be done without dumping the oil, just wait until the truck is cold and everything has trickled down into the pan. For the...year or two its been since doing the sidecover gasket, it's completely dry. Just use a inch torque stick and center out method and you're golden. No need for sealant....PO had done it with sealant and it still leaked. Same with oil pan, I replaced with FIPG only in the corners and she's been golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom