BP-51 for the 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a "special coupon" to apply.:rofl:

I'm about to make the plunge......

Lol, funny I have a special coupon I was going to hand deliver :D

If you're coupon has anything to do with these:

IMG_4262.JPG

It expired last night!

DAMMIT!

I shoulda clicked Buy It Now.....:flipoff2:

Any more recent reviews or installs? Do you have a guesstimate on price and turn around time for a rebuild on these? Thanks

Any more recent reviews or installs? Do you have a guesstimate on price and turn around time for a rebuild on these? Thanks

Over two years later and we're yet to encounter a need to rebuild, we won't have a rebuild need on an 80 for at least 22 months as they have a full replacement 24 month warranty and they just came out. We plan to rebuild them in house for our customers, as with most our diffs, t-cases, etc turnaround should be a few days.

That makes sense. I've been on the 4 runners forums looking at reviews and forgot they've only been available for the 80s recently. Looks like I can get springs and BP51s for the price of Kings with a fancy dial. The warranty has me leaning towards the bp51s but the Kings look so nice! Gotta stay focused!:slap:

@cruiseroutfit Can you get these shocks in a longer length then what the Ls are?sorry if you have already answered this

Installed the ones my buddy bought from you guys on his 4runner.

It has icon rear shocks bp51 front and camburg UCAs. WOW what a shock, the bp51 on factory settings went over speed bumps So smoothly, it was awesome!!way smoother than the icons. Planted all the way through. I just need to save up scratch and buy a full set for my 80. Very impressed by the shock.

Installed the ones my buddy bought from you guys on his 4runner.

It has icon rear shocks bp51 front and camburg UCAs. WOW what a shock, the bp51 on factory settings went over speed bumps So smoothly, it was awesome!!way smoother than the icons. Planted all the way through. I just need to save up scratch and buy a full set for my 80. Very impressed by the shock.

Let's get you a set! :D

Any upcoming sales/specials or group buys on these? I'm really itching to get them paired up with my Slinkys! God my 80 is a money pit...
I would probably go in on a group buy. I'm also wanting to pair them with slinky's.

We can certainly arrange that!

For those considering pairing the BP-51's with Slinky coils, be aware that the length of the BP-51 is too short to allow full travel of the Slinky coils. So you will either need to run some type of limiter for droop or relocate shock mounts so as to not damage the shocks by having them be the limiter for droop.

For those considering pairing the BP-51's with Slinky coils, be aware that the length of the BP-51 is too short to allow full travel of the Slinky coils. So you will either need to run some type of limiter for droop or relocate shock mounts so as to not damage the shocks by having them be the limiter for droop.

Hey Adam,

Would you happen to know what the compressed/extended lengths are on the 2.5 Icon shocks?

Hey Adam,

Would you happen to know what the compressed/extended lengths are on the 2.5 Icon shocks?
This is from the 80 Series suspension thread...
These are the Icon shock numbers (remember minor differences in specs/valving compared to the Slinky shocks)

ICON SHOCKS
2.5 VS RR resi 0" to 3" lift
Front 57801P 15.35" - 26.68"
Rear 57802P 15.97" to 26.30"

2.5 VS RR resi 4" to 6" lift
Front 57803 15.95" - 27.88"
Rear 57804 16.97" to 28.3"

BP51's measurements are below:
Front 5160012: 14.33" - 23.85"
Front 5160014: 15.31" - 25.8"
Rear 5160013: 15.27" - 24.05"
Rear 5160015: 16.25" - 26.02"

For a visual comparison, Stage1 Slinky 2.0 shock compared to OME L shock (same compressed/extended lengths as the BP51). Not trying to deter anyone from getting the BP51's since I'm certain they are good and the best OME option for the 80. But just consider which springs you plan to use them with as you may encounter issues. Coils pictured are 3" Slinky and OME J.
IMG_0618.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg

I know that the L shocks were the limiter of down travel on my truck when combined with J springs. The Slinky coils/shocks added 6" of droop to what I was getting from the J springs and L's so I'm pretty sure that the BP51 will be too short to work well with the Slinky coils. If you're only road driving or fireroads where you're not hitting the limits of suspension travel then a Slinky coil/BP51 combo would probably be ok. Otherwise you need to do what I mentioned earlier, use a limiting strap or change the shock mounting.

Reactions: RFB
This is from the 80 Series suspension thread...
These are the Icon shock numbers (remember minor differences in specs/valving compared to the Slinky shocks)

What do you think about 50MM slinkies paried with the long variant of the BP-51's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom