BP-51 for the 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
We just received our first shipment (first batch in the US) of 80 Series (and 105) Old Man Emu BP-51 bypass shocks. Very excited to get these on trucks and continue playing with them. I've been running them on my personal 200 Series for the last 3 years with great results. They've made some tweaks and refined them along the way and these should be a great performance shock solution for those out-driving their standard shocks. :cool:

20180628_153349.jpg

Complete shock set (fronts and rears, left and rights, not in that order)

20180628_153408.jpg

Detail Shot

20180628_153605.jpg

Comparison against the standard Old Man Emu Nitro Sport L shocks. (@Chrisfj62ut is the hand model :D)

Who's game? :cool:

Very interested but been seeing more complaints about them on the 200 platform and curious of changes made or differences between the two different models that may warrant complaints.

Whats the ideal application?
3” with Full armor and travel weight?

Cuanto cuesta?:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

MAP is $1938 for the 4 shocks. Combined with springs, caster correction, sway correction, brake lines, etc. I'd expect to be in the $2500 range :D

Very interested but been seeing more complaints about them on the 200 platform and curious of changes made or differences between the two different models that may warrant complaints.

Whats the ideal application?
3” with Full armor and travel weight?

The 200 Series was the first application, they've been out for 3 years now as I mentioned. Early models did have cold weather "tapping" caused by the fluid in the bypass valve assembly. They've changed that and we've not dealt with any moving forward. That said, we have $14k worth of King Shocks on Monica the 200 Series, guess what those shocks do when they are cold? They tap ;)

We've installed the BP-51's on 200's, Tacoma's and 4Runners, perhaps 200 owners have more sensitive ears as we never have dealt with any noise out of the other applications :D Again, that was all resolved early in the game, I've not heard of a tapping issue from one of our customers in the last 18+ months, certainly these new applications will have the modifications.

Ideal application? Anyone that wants a bypass shock with adjustable rebound and compression. Light, heavy, fast come to mind.

Damn you Kurt! Tempting me in this manner:doh:

Wow at ~$500/shock for these is going to be tempting in the immediate future. I've been on the fence with a Slinky suspension, but I have zero experience with them and when doing the math, >$800 per shock for a 2.5 remote resi with compression adjust is nuts. Twin tube bypass 2.5" Kings come in less if I remember correctly.

My friend absolutely thrashes (jumped it at least 50 times and on his 4th set of tires in 45k miles) his 5th gen 4runner with BP51s and it always surprises me how well they do everything when tuned correctly.

Are there any measurements available on these yet? Identical to the L shocks?

...Are there any measurements available on these yet? Identical to the L shocks?

Yes, exact same dimension as L shocks. I can snag exact numbers off of one of these sets as needed too :D

Yes, exact same dimension as L shocks. I can snag exact numbers off of one of these sets as needed too :D

All good there. Just curious. I have L shocks on mine right now.

Drop them a couple times.

Is that adjustment right on shock body??

I was hoping to be the first 80 on these at the time I was working at ARB HQ in Kilsyth and sourcing some parts for these and working closely with the develpoment team for the buy-in parts - made sure I had my hand up to be the ginuea pig for all 80's but alas I left before 80's were on the radar. Damn fine shock though and a credit to the team.

Is that adjustment right on shock body??

Yeah its pretty sweet. Compression and rebound easily altered with their spanner wrenches.

Which OME springs will work well with these? Im thinking j's if the shocks are similar to L's?
Pair these shocks with Dobinsons tapered coils so I can swing by and check em out! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom