BP-51 for the 80 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which OME springs will work well with these? Im thinking j's if the shocks are similar to L's?

3"+ J's and comps in front, even 2.5"+ in rear. But we also have the BP-51 in stock for the 2-2.5" OME coils. So anything 2-5" we can cover.

We just received our first shipment (first batch in the US) of 80 Series (and 105) Old Man Emu BP-51 bypass shocks. Very excited to get these on trucks and continue playing with them. I've been running them on my personal 200 Series for the last 3 years with great results. They've made some tweaks and refined them along the way and these should be a great performance shock solution for those out-driving their standard shocks. :cool:

View attachment 1732720
Complete shock set (fronts and rears, left and rights, not in that order)

View attachment 1732721
Detail Shot

View attachment 1732722
Comparison against the standard Old Man Emu Nitro Sport L shocks. (@Chrisfj62ut is the hand model :D)

Who's game? :cool:

So, dumb question - What is the advantage of these over the standard Nitrocharger Sport Shocks? I have the full OME 2.5" lift kit with the standard shocks. Why do I need these? (Sell me on the BP-51s! Haha!)

Yeah its pretty sweet. Compression and rebound easily altered with their spanner wrenches.
Yea I had coilovers on my jeep and the spanners sucked Im guessing these are better made.

@Will Van im no Kurt, but basically these let you change the settings of Rebound and compression on the fly. This is ideal or a DD rig as rig weight will change when camping or whatever. It also lets you adjust the shocks for the type of terrain you are running. this is a simple answer from a guy with no experiece just reading the interweb

Remote reservoirs also allow a higher volume of shock juice and keep the shock cooler so it continues to perform even when being overworked for a period of time. Normal shock will cook and stop doing much of anything after you barrel down a washboard road for 30 minutes.

I'm interested in getting fronts... so one size (extended/compressed)?

Also do they come with mounts for the RR's?

I'm interested in getting fronts... so one size (extended/compressed)?

Also do they come with mounts for the RR's?

We have two sizes, 2-2.5" lifts and the 3-5" L variant. Both in stock

Reservoir mounts are a separate kit but cost is negligible

Kurt, are covers or guards for the exposed shafts advisable?

Kurt, are covers or guards for the exposed shafts advisable?

Yes, on the rear where they will take constant blasting from the front wheels. Those covers are included with the rear shocks. Fronts could benefit from a guard in racing applications where you may be getting the roost from those in front of you :D

So, dumb question - What is the advantage of these over the standard Nitrocharger Sport Shocks? I have the full OME 2.5" lift kit with the standard shocks. Why do I need these? (Sell me on the BP-51s! Haha!)

All of these reasons :D

BP-51-0.JPG

Applications and MAP pricing:

BP-51-3.JPG

Lengths:

BP-51-1.JPG

DAMMIT Kurt!

Gotta sell a kidney now:doh:

Umm, nice shocks but am broke now

3"+ J's and comps in front, even 2.5"+ in rear. But we also have the BP-51 in stock for the 2-2.5" OME coils. So anything 2-5" we can cover.

5" if they are the same length of traditional L shocks .?

I had to add great deal of spacers while I was running L with my front 4" comp OME .. IMHO traditional L shocks are good to top 3"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom