Barn Find 1965 FJ45LPB (1 Viewer)

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Here are some of the bolts and other things I had plated.
image.jpeg

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
JP, thanks. I used tfc plating in Portland, Oregon. (www.tfcplating.com) they were fantastic to work with and a fast turn around. It's yellow zinc. I really like the fresh air vents. It's something I'll be looking at constantly.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
The old girl is going to need some new seat covers and cushions. I believe SOR is the only option out there. I have used their grey vinyl 45 seat up before and was pleased. They now offer the period correct coral vinyl but it is hard to tell from their website what the color actually is, as it varies shades in their photos on line. Has anyone tried or seen these yet in person? I'd hate to drop $635 on a set if they aren't correct.

seats.jpg

They look more brown than coral in that top picture, but that may be due to the flash.

jfz80

Cruisin’
on second thought what i meant to say is you are a pretty alright guy with an uncanny ability to find rare old iron.....
Dont ya want to make me a deal on those unwanted springs there so your not tempted to mod this thing :)

that thing is beautiful..... but seriously I think you should leave some for the rest of us to find!
I saw this way late last night and thought it was just a late build thread to your other lpb at first; you sir have a sickness; best wishes

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
I think I hate you :flipoff2:
You and my wife......... though her perspective on all the 45s is a little different :D

But fear not Jason, we just found out we have kiddo number #2 on the way and on top of that we are building a new home. So I will likely be flooding the market with 45s before too long :doh:

Last edited:
In post #17 you have couple pics of the cab floor that show a couple of things behind the jack holder. What are they? Mine must have been cut off for some reason, all that is left is two tabs welded to the floor.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
In post #17 you have couple pics of the cab floor that show a couple of things behind the jack holder. What are they? Mine must have been cut off for some reason, all that is left is two tabs welded to the floor.
Those are brackets that were meant to hold the factory tool roll in place. I can take some close up pics when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom