Barn Find 1965 FJ45LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do love clean parts!! Little sand blasting action last night.
image.jpg

Nothing like a little quality time wth the blast cabinet to get the drop on spring cleaning.

Little more progress on the 45

engine dirty,
IMG_0924.JPG

getting there...
IMG_0935.JPG

nice and clean with a fresh coat of paint :D
IMG_1004.JPG

Found a nice surprise in the oil pan when I pulled it to install the new gasket :eek:

IMG_1037.JPG

Made me chuckle out loud, I've never seen that before. At some point the head was rebuilt on this old F and I can only surmise that the mechanic some how dropped the push rod down into the oil pan when the head was off. I guess he decided it wasn't worth his effort to drop the pan and retrieve it :doh: No telling how long it was in the pan but both the pan and rod had nicks from where it was bouncing off the crank every now and then..... crazy stuff

replacement push rod installed by said lazy mechanic :lol:
IMG_1036.JPG

Installed all new brake cylinders front and rear, new TREs, new OEM shocks, new rubber brake lines, rebuilt the drag link, and put on proper rims and original hubcaps :D

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

That's it for now :beer:

Hell yeah!

Sweet!
JP I'm thinking about coming to the relic Run. What day are you leaving? Can I come a day early and park my rig somewhere?

20151004_153035.jpg

Been too busy with life recently to work on the 45 much but I was fortunate to get sometime this past weekend. It was wonderful wrenching weather here in South Carolina... temperature of 100* and a heat index of 108* :D

Got the engine all cleaned up. Installed all new gaskets and seals, dizzy, coil, plugs, wires, fuel pump, water pump, clutch, rear main seal, etc.
IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

And dropped the engine back into the 45. Progress is going to be slow for a while with the addition of our second child recently, but hopefully by fall I'll have this old girl back on the road!

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

Pretty good improvement over how she looked a few months ago :D
img_0917-jpg.1224991

Good news though is the new pole barn is finished. Started moving some of the hoard over there. Need to get my new home built on site so I can start using the shop :beer:

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

I think you need to update the list of cruisers in your signature line.... I can't keep track!

JP, that's one nice Land Cruiser Shop !!!!! I'm jealous

JP, that's one nice Land Cruiser Shop !!!!! I'm jealous

Thanks Mark! I can't wait until I am on site and using it everyday. It will be nice finally have a real shop instead of working out of carports and sheds :D

image.jpeg

JP

if you keep adding to the herd, you may need one of these.

Looks like you're living the dream! Congrats on the new kid! Oh, and the new shop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom