Barn Find 1965 FJ45LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our thoughts and payers are with you. Family First, Always!

Mike my heart breaks for you, your wife, and family... my prayers are with you guys. Hope Hannah can kick cancers ass again.

If there is anything I can do to help with the selling the 45 please let me know. Anyone that is interested in it feel free to PM with any questions about the work I did before Mike took ownership.

JP

Hey Mike, I had stomach and oesophagus cancer a few years ago - six to be precise. I found rebuilding the old Landcruiser was good therapy and has helped take my mind off things. Perhaps down the road another old Landcruiser, in need of love an attention will fall into your lap. Ben AKA Pauciflora.

Well....I was fortunate enough to be entrusted by Mike as the latest caretaker of this survivor. Mike is a class act and am honored to be a part of the story. I'm a long time cruiser head but first time into old iron. I have to say I am smitten with this gem! Nice work JP! As I get to know her/him (name to be determined), I am all about keeping up with what was started. Mechanically functioning and letting the patina tell the story. I have a few items on my short list and may reach out to you JP on some suggestions/information. I live down the road about 1 hr 1/2 from Mike in Colorado Springs. She is still in the west (although a bit higher in elevation). I've attached a few pics of the arrival to his new home. I'll try to keep this thread updated if it is ok...like to keep the history together.
Oliver 1.jpg
Oliver 4.jpg
Oliver 2.jpg

Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy this 45 to no end...JP and Mike couldn't have been better stewards of this fine piece of history..now it's up to you. Headache rack my be the only thing you need...it's a little naked without it.

Congrats

Mark

yep.
thats totally great!
couldnt have asked for a better person to take over stewardship of this truck.

It was indeed a pleasure to meet you and your thoughtful wife!!!

Hope you can bring the truck to the Rising Sun 40s run on 9/15 or potentially the Rising Sun swap meet on 9/16.

This truck was the absolute hit of last year's
rally/swap meet, and I was so proud to own it, even if only for 1 year.

this is the first year the 40s only run and rally match up on the same weekend

Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy this 45 to no end...JP and Mike couldn't have been better stewards of this fine piece of history..now it's up to you. Headache rack my be the only thing you need...it's a little naked without it.

Congrats

Mark

Hey I have a headache rack with the exact same paint and patina off my first 65 FJ45 before it got crushed by a tree. If you can find a red one to replace mine with I would have no problem swapping with you so you can have a matching headache rack on it. . Congrats on the truck.

Congrats

Mark
Thanks Mark. On the shortlist ;)

yep.
thats totally great!
couldnt have asked for a better person to take over stewardship of this truck.

It was indeed a pleasure to meet you and your thoughtful wife!!!

Hope you can bring the truck to the Rising Sun 40s run on 9/15 or potentially the Rising Sun swap meet on 9/16.

This truck was the absolute hit of last year's
rally/swap meet, and I was so proud to own it, even if only for 1 year.

this is the first year the 40s only run and rally match up on the same weekend
Looking forward to making at least one of those events

Hey I have a headache rack with the exact same paint and patina off my first 65 FJ45 before it got crushed by a tree. If you can find a red one to replace mine with I would have no problem swapping with you so you can have a matching headache rack on it. . Congrats on the truck.
Good to know. Makes my search smaller looking for two possible colors ! Much appreciated

Congratulations twbland! Glad the old girl ended up in good hands again... very glad to hear you plan to persevere and enjoy as she is. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have I am happy to help.

Also please keep posting photos of your adventures with the old girl... Colorado sure does make for epic Cruiser photos :beer:

Amazing thread. @simps80 , prayers for your wife and you. That's an awesome 45. I hope the story of it continues to be written here and gives you a smile whenever you see it.

Thanks for sharing

A changing of the guard and an introduction of sorts.

I’m the new caretaker/proud owner of the @ClemsonCruiser barn find. I’ll keep this thread going and keep the updates here. I think it’s best to keep it all in one place and allow continuity of the find.

special thanks to @ClemsonCruiser @simps80 and @twbland for getting this truck to this point and allowing me the be the keeper of the spirit that is this special truck. I’ve been impressed with how well it drives and stops. The work and refresh have been impressive.

The road to acquisition....kinda crazy for a boot wearing redneck from texas
358ABCC7-62C8-4B60-88D2-B1856B995D04.jpeg

@twbland getting the Co plates off with the sawsall
F74F2868-F3E6-493B-85E3-B3BAFBB5244E.jpeg

loaded up and truckin
44AD9978-2811-4144-A29D-6B5052ABA50F.jpeg

Texas on my mind
40CB66E7-684F-452D-B513-70C76EE62CBD.jpeg

the open prairie of west texas
C4222771-1334-4744-8042-EC52950F9C0C.jpeg

Originality above all else and preservation of the patina will be primary endpoints.

Here we go!
hOOter

The kids approve.
BF1EA17E-1D33-4ECA-94ED-9E84BF9166C0.jpeg

The dog approves
55B99C33-E50E-4D29-ADA2-BF7144521CDB.jpeg

He LOVES this truck and especially the windshield vent. All the smells are funneled to his nose and he rides with his nose in the vent the whole time.
E16FA0A9-53C8-493C-9A2F-056A393F035E.jpeg

this truck is meant to do work. And work it shall do.
Frame from a 40 US Spec FST back from sandblasting. Working In that Texas heat like a winner.

43653397-88C7-4A23-837C-FC48745F55BF.jpeg

EBC1A989-9D84-41A0-9B31-CFC2CE4026F3.jpeg

hOOter

One tech note.
The oil pressure gauge and temp gauge were non functional. I like data and making sure I actually have oil pressure/not overheating.

I swapped in some spare gauges I had here, grounded the sender and bam....oil pressure and temp working like a champ.
8FAC97B7-1DFB-4976-A9B2-F818F33BAFE7.jpeg

hOOter

A changing of the guard and an introduction of sorts.

I’m the new caretaker/proud owner of the @ClemsonCruiser barn find. I’ll keep this thread going and keep the updates here. I think it’s best to keep it all in one place and allow continuity of the find.

special thanks to @ClemsonCruiser @simps80 and @twbland for getting this truck to this point and allowing me the be the keeper of the spirit that is this special truck. I’ve been impressed with how well it drives and stops. The work and refresh have been impressive.

The road to acquisition....kinda crazy for a boot wearing redneck from texasView attachment 2284420

@twbland getting the Co plates off with the sawsall
View attachment 2284421

loaded up and truckinView attachment 2284424

Texas on my mindView attachment 2284422

the open prairie of west texasView attachment 2284423

Originality above all else and preservation of the patina will be primary endpoints.

Here we go!
hOOter

WooHoo!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom