Barn Find 1965 FJ45LPB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got the tank back saturday after 2 weeks in Dallas for work..

of course its radiator-shop-black..
thats ok I needed it to run had to put it to work this weekend...will remedy the color situation soon

used the seat belt eye bolt kits from Nolans thread to mount my 1965 toyota seat belts i bought last year at the rising sun rally, wrong color but close enough..

tanks holding fine so far got 2 tank fulls through it this weekend back and forth on the house project across town..
pick ups are useful even 53 yr old ones...
didnt put the seat back in yet.
will do that after I am sure tank will hold for a bit..

picked up this sweet snap-on socket set of my dads while working on Moms house.
it was given to those who completed the cummins master rebuild course in the early 80s, he passed 3 yrs ago wednesday.

thinking of leaving this OG con ferr 40 tool box back here for now that I traded a guy in the club some parts for it has proved useful ao far..

20180428_134507.jpg
20180429_161125.jpg
20180429_145508.jpg
20180429_145515.jpg
20180429_161203.jpg

yea think ClemsonCruiser told me the story, or maybe its just old age and I am "mis-remembering" as ol' billy clinton said...

they hauled some farm implement around in it and tbe Mico line lock had something to do with it...its not hooked up now, but will leave it for posterity
20180429_172038.jpg

ol' girl is still a workhorse. they werent lying about being 1 ton rated..
picked up a bed full of sod and dirt, then filled her up with the old clay and rocks from the side yard. she rides real nice loaded all the way down...

yard turned out good.
mommas happy.
took her out for a nice ride after cleaning her out.

20180603_155738.jpg
20180603_163431.jpg
20180603_163450.jpg
20180603_163501.jpg

Okay after reading all this I am going to get on my motorcycle and start searching the country side-nice

Welp,
that turned quickly.
trying not to be real dramatic here, but bottom line is I have to sell this truck.
Which totally sucks.
But not as much as the brain tumor that came back into my wife Hannah's head after being removed in 2009.
next week starts a series of events, the outcome of which is unknown
we've done MRI's every 6 months, all of them have been some degree of not drastic. She had to do 18 months of chemo in ~2013 cause they thought it was coming back....

Now it is for sure, and a chunk of it is bleeding into the cavity left behind from the resection......
and the area, the 'margin' of the cavity shows disease that is progressing again.

so they've used the chemo bullet already, the surgery bullet already ...the only other thing they can do is go cut out the bleeding chunk before it causes a stroke or something, cause that's more risky than the risk of affecting the motor center and ambulatory stuff... and then radiate the rest...

this is a previous MRI from not too long ago showing the empty hole where the tumor was...its now filling with blood...

mri2.jpg

so anyways,

I need to sell this one and the fj40 probably at this point so I can simplify what's going on here, and hopefully take a bunch of FMLA unpaid time off...

Starting with the lpb because I'm thinking may go faster and for more $ than the fj40, so I'm starting with this. I'll never find another one like it, looked for better part of a decade before buying it...

the asking price is what I paid JP for it last August, $27,500. too high? I guess we'll find out
too low? good for the new owner, who hopefully will be a cruiser nut like me and take good care of it...

I have done not much since owning it, built that repop of a repop lilcense plate holder on page 8,
bought some 1965 toyota belts and put them in,
got the gas tank fixed...
drove it a ton...
that's about it

PM me if you have any interest, again not a sympathy post,

just laying out the reason I am selling a year after buying.
if I need to put this in classifieds I will, mods will let me know I'm sure...

Mike, so so sorry to hear about this. Take care of the family, and lean on us if you need.

Very sorry to hear. My heart goes out to your wife and yourself.

Sorry to hear. I lost my 21 year old cousin to this a few years back. Cancer is tough. Brain cancer is especially difficult. Much love and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom