Bacon Across America—road trip Summer ‘19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In a 55? I’ve never seen anything but black in the early ones

I tried to buy an all white 68 out of Tennessee many moons ago. It also had red seats. The seller claimed they were original. Never actually made it to see the truck, they sold it before I got there to see it in person.

Last edited:
I tried to buy an all white 68 out of Tennessee many moons ago. It also had red seats. The seller claimed they were original. And they were actually made it to see the truck. They sold it before I got there to see it in person.

Coral?

@J Mack
@lowtideride
@TachedOutOffRoad

I’m in tears. Hahahaha Hahahahad to post it again.
F186AF81-017F-4458-92F4-3D5D5E47C179.jpeg

Found my one other overland patch tonight to go with my bun.

If you decide to shift gears and leave the hipsters overlanders behind, remove the snorkels shave the man bun and call the Landcruiser Heritage Museum ask for @cruiserdan. He'll sell you some man patches.

patch.jpg

:lol:

I have both a Yeti cooler and a rooftop tent. Guess I’m out of the club.
Off with my head?

I have both a Yeti cooler and a rooftop tent. Guess I’m out of the club.
Off with my head?

Just jealous I can’t afford a RTT :doh:
If you put 20” on your new Gladiator, then yes, headed will roll.

All these boxes showed up. Too bad I’m working all weekend. #americandream

73BCD31A-7260-4AB1-B707-F30FBF2EE665.jpeg

0233DBE7-0C08-4833-9498-D0E35E94DAC2.jpeg

Well, haven’t gotten to drive or work on it much due to the middle class dream...

BUT I did found a name and address in the original owners manual in the glove box, looked him up on the interweb, and left a voicemail on his —answering machine—-. 82 year old man in OR called me back. He worked at a Ford dealership and bought it off a trade-in 1975 with 90k miles on it. The original engine was rebuilt a few times he said and he thinks the 27,550 odometer is probably 327,550. All his kids and grandkids learned to drive a manual in it and “countless bucks came down the mountain in the back of it.” The original seats were gray and he had them redone in red. He said it was “primer brown” for about 15 years before he repainted it red and white like it was originally.

Miles, the guy I bought it from, has had it since 2012. Sounds like I’m the 4th owner? Pretty cool either way.

Such a awesome truck.

EC071CA0-666F-44C1-B6AC-038584C5340C.jpeg

Came here from the 60s forum. Awesome. Does your son know how cool his dad is?

Hope you get the starting issues sorted and enjoy the hell out of this thing.

He does not! They don’t even want to walk outside when I fly over in a helicopter, much less ride in the coolest Land Cruiser ever made!

New meats!!
Not even mad I need a new relays or something.

5B4043D1-A1A8-4804-AB59-AABAAD0C37DA.jpeg

493CF580-1511-4BFD-8281-E32BF7FD8C5B.jpeg

He does not! They don’t even want to walk outside when I fly over in a helicopter, much less ride in the coolest Land Cruiser ever made!

Just keep doing what you're doing and one day you'll hear him tell his kids what a cool Grandpa you are, trust me, it's all sinking in.

Wagon looks good and that is very cool to do a fly over!

EDIT... What's up with that mug in the back window!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom