Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the frame straight? Might have it put on a machine and measured out. Only other thing I can imagine is something in the rear leaf springs. I’d measure them out and check for a broken leaf. Could they be different brands with the center pins not centered the same? Has to be square or rotation...

Tucker

Yeah, I need to get under the rest and check the u-bolts and bushings.

Well, the u-bolts were fine, but the rear driveshaft bolts were loose! I'll test it out in the morning. I guess the mighty 1HZ-T loosened them up 😀👍 LOL!

Last edited:
I also added slightly longer front shackles (thanks @Unoman ) to try to even out the truck. I think I'm good now. Gives me some room for when the rear bumper swing arms are done and the spare is back there.

Last edited:
I took her out yesterday and can still feel the rear rotating out a little.

Got rid of the little pocket and bought a $35 switch plate with combo voltmeter/USB charger. Not too bad looking. The red is easy on the eyes at night. It even came with labels for the switches!

Amazon product ASIN B07RG9K97V
20190522_165924.jpg
20190522_165713.jpg

Your bushing good on the rear hangers? I hate not being able to find issues.

I ordered a new set of Energy bushings. I can't see any deterioration of the current ones.

Nothing much this weekend that was cruiser related due to having family is town for my son's high school graduation. It's always good to have family over. Anyway, just some fatherly advise to the young dad's out there. Make sure to slow down and enjoy your kids while you can. They grow up way too fast! 🤣

Last edited:
I did manage to wrench on the 60 today and swapped in a new fuel filler hose. The old one was hard as a rock and leaked diesel all over my driveway. So, I found a 2" hose replacement at Advance Auto. The new one has steel wire reinforcement and should last for a long time. I drove it over to my buddy @aljollano 's house and we figured out that one of the 4 u-bolts was loose and was the root cause of my rear swinging out under load. She runs great now! 👍 Thanks for the help AJ!

Nothing much this weekend that was cruiser related due to having family is town for my son's high school graduation. It's always good to have family over. Anyway, just some fatherly advise to the young dad's out there. Make sure to slow down and enjoy your kids while you can. They grow up way too fast! 🤣
Totally agree Dave:clap:

My youngest is graduating too. That was too quick!

The new condenser came in and I installed it this evening. I think it's going to work.

View attachment 1787287

Have you run the ac system with your new condenser? Does it work well? Blow cold air?

I just picked up a 25" x 14" version to replace my stock one. Hard pipe broke on my stock one while I was manipulating it to get it out of the way for a different project and it hissed out the good sauce inside.

Not yet. I need to do that once I'm back in town. It's getting freaking hot!

So, because it's been hotter than hell here in Texas, I decided to finally tackle the AC system. I started by ordering a new evaporator core and expansion valve. I got both off of Amazon for cheap.
20190721_114925.jpg

20190729_201101.jpg

I also ordered an AC hose fitting crimper from Amazon for a little over $100 so I could make new hoses. I needed to make new ones because I used an aftermarket parallel flow condenser to give me better AC performance and additional space for the intercooler.

I notched the front radiator support for tool access.

20190721_125032.jpg

So, with my cheap Harbor Freight gauges and pump, I pumped it down and then refilled with two cans of R134 refrigerant. Since this is a hybrid system (80 series compressor, aftermarket condenser, and FJ60 evaporator) I decided to just put in 24 ounces and see how it performs. .

Someone put the kitchen thermometer into the dishwasher and it now has water in it. I'll buy another and see how accurate it is, but so far it's nice and cold! 😀👍🍺

20190804_121737.jpg

Forgot to show pics of the drier bracket I made that also supports an auxiliary terminal block. The block will hopefully help me clean up the messy wiring on the battery.

20190804_104623.jpg

20190803_213811.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom