Build An Accidental Frame Off..................

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ouch! Looking at the debrie on the end of the top bolt were these greasable bolts?


They sure are greasable pins. I've read horror stories over the years about breaking pins, I guess it's my turn now.
 
Must be the season for it, OlYellr lost a leaf spring while going down the road!


Unfortunately I'm 60 miles from the house currently, might just be a slower ride home today.
 
Man, sorry to hear that guys. I hope you both were somewhere where it wasn't too far or too tough to get to where you could fix it.

Yeah, looks like once I limp it home I'm gonna park it for a bit.
 
I've got the Ironman anti-inversion version. Besides the anti-inversion feature I wonder if the extra (3rd) bolt helps prevent a shearing action from happening?

Or the dog bone shackles? I was actually planning to go with the anti inversion style, looks like that might be happening sooner than expected.
 
Where did you get those from?

I can't recall exactly, I bought them when I upgraded my suspension a long time ago. Here is a link to their website.

1790626821205.webp
 
That's why I use bolts. I buy them long enuff so the bushings ride on the bolts shank and the threads dont come in contact with the bushings.
 
Ok... I'll bite... Who is Ralph and why are you blaming him? Remember, I'm fairly a newbie.
Ryan’s 40 is retaliating for being used as a high fashion accessory. Story is a few pages back.
 
Back
Top Bottom