Alibaba Bumpers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TrichoCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Listen, I know this is probably I’ll advised and for the record, I’m not seriously considering this. Yet. Does anyone have experience with these bumpers from Alibaba? They have fronts as well that look very similar to ARB.
D0C0010B-40AA-4F86-BC56-534CAFBA4093.jpeg

I thought there was an outfit state-side that was reselling these, but I can't remember the name. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the reviews said it was heavy and didn't have great departure angle, and the paint or coating wasn't great, but overall fine.

Or there's a similar one I'm misremembering.

Amazon product ASIN B0C1YWB55L
I bought one of these for my Tacoma last year because the OEM needed to be replaced. I had to shave down a weld that stuck out so that the tailgate would open. Other than that the bumper fits great and I have no complaints. It was $360 total and I'm glad I didn't spend more.

So yeah I would buy a cheap bumper for the LX if I needed it. I personally wouldn't want the tire mounted back there but that's just personal preference (but it does look good).

Chinese knock-off. Likely a stolen design from US/Australia then bid out to the cheapest SE Asia steel fab shop available.

With all the good USA-based small business bumper makers I'm not sure why anyone would buy a stolen product from Alibaba.

From an ethics standpoint I think you might do less harm buying parts from a literal chop shop selling cars stolen from the US... At least you'd keep the cash in the USA, haha.

Chinese knock-off. Likely a stolen design from US/Australia then bid out to the cheapest SE Asia steel fab shop available.

With all the good USA-based small business bumper makers I'm not sure why anyone would buy a stolen product from Alibaba.

From an ethics standpoint I think you might do less harm buying parts from a literal chop shop selling cars stolen from the US... At least you'd keep the cash in the USA, haha.

Great perspective. I agree.

Interesting. Only one way to find out. It might not be all that bad, it looks like an ARB copy

I’m sure someone has/will give it a try. I’m not really considering it but when I came across it I had to see what everyone thought haha.

what's the shipping on those?

I ordered one. I haven't seen this bumper design from ARB or any bumper manufacturers. Please post up information if you know who they copied it from.

I worked with 2 mud fabricators for over a year and got no where. They were too busy to give me a quote and get my car to their shop.

stick to 33s and your spare can fit in the stock spare location. Just saved you a bunch of $$$ and headache of a Chinese bumper…

Buy once cry once….

BIOR makes a rear (no swingouts) for <$1,000

@medtro keep us updated on your purchase. Curious of shipping time and materials/build quality.

Listen, I know this is probably I’ll advised and for the record, I’m not seriously considering this. Yet. Does anyone have experience with these bumpers from Alibaba? They have fronts as well that look very similar to ARB. View attachment 3446868

I would buy it. Yes its a risk but for a decent price its a risk worth taking in my opinion. I have had many successful buys from Aliexpress, Alibaba. I would bet as the Tacoma bumpers show this would be good to decent quality.

If you're "decorating" your 100 AND don't give a &$#% about China's stance on stolen IP, go for it. But if you plan on ever using the bumper for recovery, I hope your winch remote has a long cord or great range... 'cause I'd want to be far away when you start pulling.

Steel is steel, quality welds are welds. I'm sure it will be fine. However, structural integrity and how these are braced internally is a major risk. I'm betting they will be fine with 9-5 duty, however expect the swing outs to potentially begin to rattle and stress cracks form. If you off road hard, I would ensure you leave plenty of gap between the bumper and the body for them to flex. Saving $1,000 on a bumper might come with incurring thousands of dollars of body damage when they flex into the quarter panel.

Edit: I found the listing. I would 100000% not buy this. The departure angle, design, etc looks like garbage. The bumper probably flexes when you open the swing out. Take a look at the wing design lol

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 9.28.30 AM.png

Steel is steel, quality welds are welds. I'm sure it will be fine. However, structural integrity and how these are braced internally is a major risk. I'm betting they will be fine with 9-5 duty, however expect the swing outs to potentially begin to rattle and stress cracks form. If you off road hard, I would ensure you leave plenty of gap between the bumper and the body for them to flex. Saving $1,000 on a bumper might come with incurring thousands of dollars of body damage when they flex into the quarter panel.

Edit: I found the listing. I would 100000% not buy this. The departure angle, design, etc looks like garbage. The bumper probably flexes when you open the swing out. Take a look at the wing design lol

View attachment 3447790

That is not the same bumper.

That is not the same bumper.

Swing out design is the same in the other images, can’t imagine a massive variation in bumper design here. Alibaba is known to show products for other vehicles. I’d be curious to see the actual listing the OP pictured.

Still zero pictures of inside, or any details of the unit.

I disagree where we say steel is steel: We have experienced how different manufacturered make their material. Steel is an alloy and the amount of Carbon going in along with Cr etc., control the quality. From what I understand, a Chinese product is CHEAP and looks very similar to the part we cannot buy, BUT your cheap part will NOT last. the only non OEM Chinese part I have in any of my vehicle is the snorkel in my 100. Well.. It still holding good, and I have another same snorkel in case if this fails. Both were $150 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom