Builds AK HJ-75 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No idea. Still trying to decide if I want to re install the original hard foam(?) floor that was glued in. One benefit from installing that I think is that it is a good floor insulator. But not very comfy.
I replaced the foam mattress that came with my tent....it sucked big time. I took it out of it's cover to look at it and it was a maybe 2" of foam with 1" of egg crate foam on top of it. I had a memory foam on top of it and it still sucked. I could never get comfortable.

I just bought an Xped Megamat Duo LW+ that fits nearly perfect in my tent.....a foam and air deal.....it's going to be incredible to sleep on I think. More like a regular mattress. They offer several different sizes. Pricey but very high quality.

I replaced the foam mattress that came with my tent....it sucked big time. I took it out of it's cover to look at it and it was a maybe 2" of foam with 1" of egg crate foam on top of it. I had a memory foam on top of it and it still sucked. I could never get comfortable.

I just bought an Xped Megamat Duo LW+ that fits nearly perfect in my tent.....a foam and air deal.....it's going to be incredible to sleep on I think. More like a regular mattress. They offer several different sizes. Pricey but very high quality.
thanks for the info, will look into that.

the only problem with something like this is that you can't easily flip the mat over to open the small floor/door section to go below, when both of you are sleeping, unless it is flexible enough to fold over. Still might be too much of a hassle verses just flipping the sleeping bag out of the way.

the only problem with something like this is that you can't easily flip the mat over to open the small floor/door section to go below, when both of you are sleeping, unless it is flexible enough to fold over. Still might be too much of a hassle verses just flipping the sleeping bag out of the way.
Maybe two singles would work better.

Maybe two singles would work better.
My buddy with a 47" wide CVT is going to use 2 of them to make one...I guess finding a 47" mat is kind of tough. I lucked out with mine...it fits like it was made for the roof top tent.

I just spent roughly 2 and a half hours reading through this entire thread. Just wanted to say well done! It's crazy how much you have accomplished since you got it. Can't wait to see what the future holds for it aswell 👍

Thanks to OK 4wd for sending a couple of replacement lift strut ends free of charge.

48827447-82AE-4ED0-9723-C277326D174E.jpeg

E6860725-9AB5-43CE-8648-DA87A0B7DD6E.jpeg

Was a nice Morning to test the +30% injectors. So off to my favorite torture piece of road. Start at about 60ft sea level and end up at the pass at about 1300ft in about 5 mi. Different grades up to the top. At bottom temps at 25F and 20F at the top. Speed 65mph.
First run boost at 18/19psi, egt 800F, water 188F.
Second run boost at 22psi, egt 750F, water 188F.
Had a little more power at the steepest part with boost at 22psi, had to actually let off just a little bit to maintain 65mph. So, I think I am satisfied with the injectors vs a pump build. Cost was definitely cheaper getting the injectors done, though still not cheap.
Some pics of the scenery.

7FC440A5-AAA1-4464-9EF9-8E2E57745FAB.jpeg

013C2F90-3844-42FA-8B22-047CCA9ADE31.jpeg

0491995E-DC7E-466A-B312-B0A2A7340781.jpeg

519050C2-0D77-497F-9D18-29FE875F66A2.jpeg

FE00FBA5-D151-4741-B66A-360A6E7A5A9E.jpeg

Last edited:
what a beautiful test track....

Found another coolant leak, I think I know where it’s coming from. Don’t know why I used this style hose clamp. To verify I wrapped it in a paper towel and drive to my favorite coffee shop for some frufru coffee. And stop at Napa and see if I can find a better hose clamp. I had tried to find the factory style clamps a while back but for some reason came up empty, which seemed weird.

BE8CFEF4-361B-4D4E-AB72-8D3A6523DF1D.jpeg

33464988-4654-40C2-B1F4-BC6244A499F8.jpeg

Mine had a similar ghost leak and I finally figured it out. First, it only happened when I ran my Webasto coolant heater. It came from the Radiator inlet. The hose wasn't all the way on the inlet because the fan shroud was blocking it. Took a Dremmel to the shroud and the hose nested perfectly and never leaked again.

Well, my fold up tent floor didn’t quite work out as planned ☹️ The angle of the floor raising doesn’t match the angle of the tent material when tent is up. So the end of the floor hangs up with the tent material. So I will have to have two “trap” doors at the end that fold up separately from the big floor. Oh well.

A8C23AB3-5C5A-42D5-8283-9B7849FE2F88.jpeg

798F411D-4A56-4C58-9350-316473340371.jpeg

I had the same issue. I had a descent column and a bad one. My lock set fit the bad one so I broke them apart as much as I could and put the better pieces together to make it work.

I cut my trap door 80/20. One person can go downstairs while the other sleeps plus if your solo leave the 20 up and heat comes upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom