8x Series V8 Swaps (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s really not much to it at all. At this point it’s almost a weekend swap whit the more basic Gen 3 stuff
That weekend has been 7 months for me. 😂😂

For me the fab work was:
Engine Mounts.
TC linkage.
Trans shifter mount.
Still working on correcting the throw on the shifter
Gas pedal mounts.
Trans shifter gear selector (not done yet)
Frame Notch for driverside exhaust.
I also rebuild all 4 corners new bearings. Wire Wheeled most of the frame and painted with POR 15
Added a Lift
Added the rear bumper and a ton of other items from Delta.
Longest weekend ever. But it has been fun. Especially for the wife as new parts show up almost everyday.

That weekend has been 7 months for me. 😂😂

For me the fab work was:
Engine Mounts.
TC linkage.
Trans shifter mount.
Still working on correcting the throw on the shifter
Gas pedal mounts.
Trans shifter gear selector (not done yet)
Frame Notch for driverside exhaust.
I also rebuild all 4 corners new bearings. Wire Wheeled most of the frame and painted with POR 15
Added a Lift
Added the rear bumper and a ton of other items from Delta.
Longest weekend ever. But it has been fun. Especially for the wife as new parts show up almost everyday.
You're actually going to come wheeling at some point, right?

We can put $20 on who ever has an electrical gremlin or breaks something first.

You're actually going to come wheeling at some point, right?

We can put $20 on who ever has an electrical gremlin or breaks something first.
I mean. I have really tried to learn from your build. Still need to pull the harness from the1HZ. But getting closer. Most likely will be complete by end of Feb. Already wish I did 37’s.

I mean. I have really tried to learn from your build. Still need to pull the harness from the1HZ. But getting closer. Most likely will be complete by end of Feb. Already wish I did 37’s.
You need to stop listening to your wife :rolleyes:

I just got my 4l80e adapter from Marks, definitely not the prettiest thing is it. I read this entire thread and saw someone had issues with the threads pulling out, anyone else have issues with threads or the adapter itself?

Thanks for all the info everyone, great thread..
Did you end up with any issues? Also, for a 94 FJ80, they are all HF2A transfers cases in the US correct? About to order my adapter for an 4L80E 4WD model.

Anyone use LandCruiser Shop aka Selkirk Offroad engine mounts. Trying to get a little clarification on install. For the vehicle side do you just bolt them up, or do you need any of the original mounts, and on the engine there is an offset. You could flip the engine side mount around which I would think would move the engine forward or rearward. Thanks for any insight.

image_16862465.JPG

image_67203841.JPG

Anyone use LandCruiser Shop aka Selkirk Offroad engine mounts. Trying to get a little clarification on install. For the vehicle side do you just bolt them up, or do you need any of the original mounts, and on the engine there is an offset. You could flip the engine side mount around which I would think would move the engine forward or rearward. Thanks for any insight.

View attachment 3211383

View attachment 3211384
I called Selkirk Offroad before installing mine. Here are the pics they sent me.

693350028.jpg
IMG_1223.jpg
IMG_1224.jpg
IMG_1225.jpg
IMG_1226.jpg

I bought two bolts, two crush washers, four washers, and two lock nuts.

Curious how people mounted the gas pedal for drive by wire. More curious about how they for the angle right.

Don’t do what I did. Don’t forget to RTV that adapter to the tranny. I kept thinking my trans oan was leaking.

Got the gas pedal mounted tonight.

View attachment 3200606
Update...I totally built a new mount for this...what a PITA...I needed the stability for road rage.

Could someone dumb down this connection for me? I haven't looked at it yet on mine (maybe it'll be self explanatory then), but I'm confused how and what the "coldhose 12MM Tube to #8 Hose Straight Compression Fitting" is connecting to what piece, where do I get that piece from, and how do I connect them together? 🤷🏽‍♂️
IMG_4999.JPG

Thanks in advance 🙂

Could someone dumb down this connection for me? I haven't looked at it yet on mine (maybe it'll be self explanatory then), but I'm confused how and what the "coldhose 12MM Tube to #8 Hose Straight Compression Fitting" is connecting to what piece, where do I get that piece from, and how do I connect them together? 🤷🏽‍♂️
View attachment 3214134

Thanks in advance 🙂
It’s connecting to a factory hardline fitting that bolts to the firewall in your pic. The factory pipe is cut off the fitting and the parts ordered from Coldhose (<—-that’s a company name) are mated to it via compression.

Doing a 60 body on an 80 chassis. Are pics for 80 engine bay?

I don't think those will work for you. Plus you have the welder out anyways, use a real engine mount and not a cheap leaf spring bushing. Been there, done that, it doesn't last

Oh, is it this piece cut (that I probably don't have anymore)?
View attachment 3215459

Then would I tread or flare the end?
You need this:

007AAFAE-E61E-40A6-A15B-55D20DB65AF9.jpeg

It’s a compression connection using a ferrule. Somewhere on here I posted a list of all the items needed to make up the hoses including the tool to make the crimps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom