Builds 79 Aussie BJ55 build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DId you lose that leatherman off the hood?
No I didn't funnily enough.. I saw it after walking to checkout that rocky section.. AMAZED it didnt fall off earlier.... the magic of coils eh?

20220104134925-d2a4654f-cu_s9999x200.jpg
i.php
i.php

Where the section was panel bonded on?
yeh it follows that line down the side i think. i wonder if there is just vibration and then movement at the join.. not sure..

Damn, that's a shame. I've got confidence you can fix it up, but hate to see it.
thanks and yeh its unfortunate. i think its unrealistic to think i wouldnt have any issues being my first time doing this. the important thing is to protect the metal from rust i guess

Last edited:
It sure didn’t take long. The adhesive bond itself is supposed to protect the metal and keep moisture out, isn’t it?
yep.. its just the bondo cracking from what i can tell.. it was pretty thick along that join so maybe thats all thats cracked

so I started on the roof repairs last night.. from what i can tell the metal based body filler i used over the roof joints/welds failed to stick to the metal and lifted.. it then cracked the bondo above it through to the paint and let water in.. hopefully its just these isolated spots and thats it but we'll just have to wait and see. I should be able to get primer on it today and color tomorrow..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom