Builds 79 Aussie BJ55 build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Much better 👏
Looks like there isn’t one inch that hasn’t been touched by the hot, sparky caress of your MIG.

Agree its much better.. still more to do but its progressing..

In other news Ive just sent off an email to the engineer to see if he can approve my mods. While I wait I'll work on injectors and pump removal to send off to get reco'd and modified for the turbo..

Agree its much better.. still more to do but its progressing..

In other news Ive just sent off an email to the engineer to see if he can approve my mods. While I wait I'll work on injectors and pump removal to send off to get reco'd and modified for the turbo..

Just got word.back that hes happy with the body work done so far.. so looks like we're on for a body swap onto 80 chassis!

Got the injectors and pump out to send up north this week.. getting the injector's reco'd and the pump boost compensated..
20200308042036-a4301b2e-me.jpg

they look like they could do with a reco
20200308042041-a1bc1e27-me.jpg

20200308042047-733c43bb-me.jpg

Nice to be working on something other than sheetmetal for a bit, eh?😄

still got plenty of sheet metal work still to do though. i'm single parenting this week so its a bit easier to do some wrenching with the kids in bed unsupervised than it is grinding and welding for hours.

Well today was the last run in the 80 in its current spec.. which is probably for the better.. the 1fz started to splutter waiting on the macdonalds drive through but i needed it to get steel for the chassis jig, and pick up my replacement press (this being the 3rd time theyve replaced it with a new model completely).. I also put my injectors and pump in the mail this morning to get a going over so we might see that again in a few weeks. Things have slowed down a bit here with the wife out of town till sunday..

Chassis jig?
Using some telescopic sections of shs welded to the chassis on each side of the cut to keep everything in place .. similar idea to this
20200311142049-652b55e3-me.jpg

Got everything undone and had a go tryinf to lift the body off with the engine crane, but unsuccessfully.. i need to re think my approach. I evem had all 4 doors off to try and reduce weight...

I had a good tug, then “pop” when body mounts let loose

I'll have another go today with multiple jacks from underneath and see if I can budge it.. the exhaust is mounted to stays off the chassis and I did catch the body. mount next to the cat converter there..

I'll have another go today with multiple jacks from underneath and see if I can budge it.. the exhaust is mounted to stays off the chassis and I did catch the body. mount next to the cat converter there..

I have a plan! I just need to figure out how to disco the transfer shifter..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom