Wanted ‘73 FJ55 tailgate window motor pinion gear needed

Anyone have a NOS or otherwise new-ish tailgate window motor pinion gear for a 1973 FJ55 (early version)? 3D file would work, if you have one.

been searching and searching with no luck. Have younger girls who love riding with Dad in the wagon usually but won’t now due to exhaust fumes being sucked back in.

[ps: have searched throughout the various forums here and don’t find any sources. Tried Intl sources as well and no luck there either]

also looking for weatherproofing sources for the rear tailgate window, as well as inner and outer front and rear door windows.

Lil'John

SILVER Star

Where abouts in Nor Cal are you? I've got a brass one that I'm waiting to get machined. I'm in Georgetown.

What weatherproofing/rubber are you looking for? Normally I'd recommend Slo Cruisers. But I might have an extra upper tailgate rubber handy(goes on the main body)

Where abouts in Nor Cal are you? I've got a brass one that I'm waiting to get machined. I'm in Georgetown.

What weatherproofing/rubber are you looking for? Normally I'd recommend Slo Cruisers. But I might have an extra upper tailgate rubber handy(goes on the main body)
share the wealth brothers, is anyone doing brass gears?

I'm not sure who is doing the brass gears. I bought several that needed a groove machined in them to clear the cover indent. I forget how many I have left now :/
Are the gears at Sor correct, even if the are steel? I might look into having some made

Lil'John

SILVER Star

Are the gears at Sor correct, even if the are steel? I might look into having some made
I would be fairly confident that SOR gears are correct.

Here are the gears I have pre-final machining:
gears.jpg

I've heard some claims that these will work without a recess. My own trial fitting says not a chance of the cover fitting without either a recess or beating the cover flat.

Lil'John
If you have any still available, please put me in the que for one brass gear as well.

Top Bottom