Builds 60 Frankenstein Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks awesome. I'm guessing you mean a spray glue adhesive? I know little to headliner work other than my little Nissan and her saggy one. I've tried to pull it and spray up in there then push but it never took to holding well.

Looks awesome. I'm guessing you mean a spray glue adhesive? I know little to headliner work other than my little Nissan and her saggy one. I've tried to pull it and spray up in there then push but it never took to holding well.
I used the 3M spray glue for the insulator and I'm using Weldwood (liquid form in a can) to tack the edges of the liner to the body. Will get a pic of that when I get out there this afternoon

NICE work on the headliner Jimmy. That is tough to get to look right and I'd say it looks perfect!

NICE work on the headliner Jimmy. That is tough to get to look right and I'd say it looks perfect!
Thanks Johnny. Appreciate the compliment. Part of me wonders if I should have splurged for a new one (aftermarket) as the quality of this one is an 8 out of 10. Has some wear and marks that I could not overcome by cleaning. Its a good 5 footer. Got a little excited and off track a bit. Plugged in a side window and the trim before I've finished the headliner. Guess it's been so long since I've seen it like this I just wanted to get a corner of the cab sured up. Gives me some motivation and a false sense of momentum :). Also, does anyone know where that little plastic piece sitting on the wheel well goes? I remember them during the demo process but can't quit recall where they go.
IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG
As I mentioned earlier, here's the glue I'm using to adhere the liner to the pinch welds. Applying it to both surfaces, once tacky I'm stretching and sticking

Just dropping in to say the project is looking good. :)

Th
Just dropping in to say the project is looking good. :)
thanks Matt. You need to roll that 73 up here some time and hang out.

Great job on the headliner! I've heard it's a bear, haven't had to touch mine yet. Not looking forwards to it.

Great job on the headliner! I've heard it's a bear, haven't had to touch mine yet. Not looking forwards to it.
Not as bad as you would think. The critical part is the removal. Need to be very careful not to tear it along the edges. I did this on the windshield section. Hope I don't have any issues when I get to that section on the install

@CenTXFJ60 I gave you a call the other day. From an 832 Houston number.
Hey Alex. Try me again (713-805-3962). I did not see a missed call from there. I could have been on a plane or out of cell range. Look forward to catching up. Jim

IMG_0477.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
Been slowly getting the headliner in. Should finish up today. Funny thing happened though. I popped in the correct VIN tags and went to put the other ones in my file. Had not been in there in many years so I started thumbing through it. Saw this bank envelope from when I bought the rolled (white) 60 in Austin. For some reason I pulled it out and looked in it. My lucky day. This $100 bill had been in there since the day I picked up that 60 4 years ago (or so). Must have been some negotiation cash that I never used. Threw it in the receipts folder the PO gave me and completely forgot about it.

View attachment 1459027 View attachment 1459028 Been slowly getting the headliner in. Should finish up today. Funny thing happened though. I popped in the correct VIN tags and went to put the other ones in my file. Had not been in there in many years so I started thumbing through it. Saw this bank envelope from when I bought the rolled (white) 60 in Austin. For some reason I pulled it out and looked in it. My lucky day. This $100 bill had been in there since the day I picked up that 60 4 years ago (or so). Must have been some negotiation cash that I never used. Threw it in the receipts folder the PO gave me and completely forgot about it.
Woot! Toyota saving account!

IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
Some updates from the last few weeks. Finished the headliner. Not disappointed in my work but some areas for improvement around the B pillars. Lastly been working on making a gas pedal by chopping the top off my 60 pedal and integrating the top of the 61 RHD pedal I had. Also just shot the metal part of my dash, glove box door and center bezel. Used a single stage urethane which was sort of cool. Have not shot this kind of paint in 30+ years. Think I want to shoot my next cruiser with a single stage. Just seems like a lot less work. The dash I painted was from a parts cruiser (was brown). The current one in my rig has a few mods done by the PO for switches etc. also, Mcguire is working on the wire harness integration. This is the reason I'm jumping on the dash so the install/timing of everything would work out

IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG

Here's a cool video (if I loaded correctly) that Mcguire shot. Basically the first 12HT start using the ignition. Also figured out the VSV(vacuum shutdown valve) so the motor will shut down with the key. Mcguire did some major surgery on my harness. As he said it's basically a HJ61 harness now. Still have to hook a lot of stuff up under the dash.

Quit working on the blue truck and finish the red one so McGuire can bring it to NC for the summer!

Looking great as usual Jimmy :D

Quit working on the blue truck and finish the red one so McGuire can bring it to NC for the summer!

Looking great as usual Jimmy :D
Johnny, he's not been able to do much as he's still waiting on his black box. I believe it's ready, just need to finalize payment/shipment etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom