5x150 SCS F5 Wheels 16x8 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got these on, looks amazing. Some minor rubbing on the front drivers side, only with the wheel turned all the way right and under some compression. There's a black piece/box of plastic right in front of the tire, it's not the fender liner. Trying to figure out what it is before I remove/modify it, haven't had time to inspect it really. Whatever it is, it's just on the drivers side.

(EDIT: it's the cover for the windshield washer tank)

Otherwise no rubbing so far, AHC with 285/75/16, and pinch welds done.

IMG_20200119_165402.jpg

Screenshot_20200119-134135.png

IMG_20200120_144641.jpg

IMG_20200119_165402.jpg

Screenshot_20200119-134135.png

Last edited:
Love the way that looks

Love the way that looks

Me too! I almost went with bronze, but this looks perfect.

I'm surprised no one has run into rubbing with the windshield washer tank. I think I will relocate it using a smaller universal tank when I have the time. Seems like an easy project, and a small price to pay for this setup!

I think I like the grey better than my black F5's, but I have a pearl truck, so I didn't want to risk it looking off.

I have experienced zero rubbing. I'm taking off my running boards soon and installing the Owl Expedition lights when they arrive. I'll throw up some new photos when complete.

Does anyone know if the new SCS SR8 will work on the 100? I believe it was designed for the Tundra...

SR8

Unfortunate that it's a 18 vs 17 but might be another option.

Hope you didn’t buy these. The answer is no, unless you want to “grind down on the 2mm lip in the center-bore” so you can “have a more unique setup”.

I have one brand new F5 for sale in the box, If anyone is interested-

I think I will go with bronze F5s for the LX. I like the simple yet rugged look.

I think I will go with bronze F5s for the LX. I like the simple yet rugged look.
Yeah I like the Bronze with White look (Alita is white with black bumpers).
However, not a huge fan of the F5 on the 100, personally like the BR6, SR8 or even the Stealth6 but alas none of them come in 16" and I have practically brand new 285/75r16 that came with the truck when I bought it.... First world problems right!

Yeah I like the Bronze with White look (Alita is white with black bumpers).
However, not a huge fan of the F5 on the 100, personally like the BR6, SR8 or even the Stealth6 but alas none of them come in 16" and I have practically brand new 285/75r16 that came with the truck when I bought it.... First world problems right!

I'm in the same boat. Same size and fairly new Nitto Terra Grapplers came with it. I would like to get some use out of them. I like the idea of 16" for off road. It will not be a daily driver. I like hub caps, but then I might like not having to worry about upkeep. Reminds me of the good old days when people would paint their wheels black and just have chrome lug nuts.

I'm in the same boat. Same size and fairly new Nitto Terra Grapplers came with it. I would like to get some use out of them. I like the idea of 16" for off road. It will not be a daily driver. I like hub caps, but then I might like not having to worry about upkeep. Reminds me of the good old days when people would paint their wheels black and just have chrome lug nuts.
Right.... probably have bout 15k miles on my Wildpeak AT3Ws that came with the truck. Difference is Alita is a daily driver. I don't mind the 16", wife's 4Runner has 17" which are what I would ultimately like to go for (little more variety in tire options) but then again I am cheap so the 18" Tundras would be optimal for me. Plus I very rarely wheel (few times a year, less than a dozen for sure) and this truck will end up having towing duty added to it.

Is this stock height? Sits really well. Trying to decide if it’s worthwhile to lift the truck at the same I buy the wheels/tires.
Yessir. I’m going to exhaust and enjoy the ahc until i build past it’s weight capacity. It’s done very well for me on the trails thus far!

I want these so bad, but not sure if it's a worthwhile upgrade over my OEM 16s other than aesthetics....

I purchased the 16x8 4.90" BS 5x150 SCS F5 wheels for my 2000 LC. I went to have them put on today and was told the front wheels didn’t properly fit. The backs fit fine. When I went to the tire shop I noticed there was some wobble on the hub, like they were a tad small, but felt like the wheel could possibly sit properly on the hub when lugs were impacted on. The tire company wouldn’t install the wheels saying they were too small and could shear off the lugs. Is this a common problem? What’s the fix? Thanks for your help.

They should fit as long as you have the right lugs. Were the lugs tightened when this wobble was happening?

I bought the recommended lugs when I purchase the wheels, But they never put them on. They said the wheel did not fit over the hub properly and stopped there. They never tried to tighten them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom