5x150 SCS F5 Wheels 16x8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just love how clean and simple they look, no center caps, the curves of the spokes match the lines of the Land Cruiser and the FJ for that matter extremely well!

That's what sold me on them! Not to mention, the black finish adds the "definitely-not-a-soccer-mom" look to the whole vehicle.
I'm loving mine so far. Just the right amount of offset and tire 'poke'.
DSC00523.JPG

DSC00522.JPG

I'm still running factory AHC, and with 295/75/R16 I had to modify the front pinch welds to get rid of rubbing when turning at "Normal" height setting. After the pinch weld mods, no problems. Still need to take her out for a real "flex" session and check clearances again.

DSC01330.JPG

DSC01560.JPG

IMG_1588.JPG

That's what sold me on them! Not to mention, the black finish adds the "definitely-not-a-soccer-mom" look to the whole vehicle.
View attachment 1496924
View attachment 1496923

I'm still running factory AHC, and with 295/75/R16 I had to modify the front pinch welds to get rid of rubbing when turning at "Normal" height setting. After the pinch weld mods, no problems. Still need to take her out for a real "flex" session and check clearances again.

View attachment 1496927
View attachment 1496928
View attachment 1496930
Looks awesome! Makes me want to go up in tire size..

What did you do to modify the pinch welds? Do you have any pictures?

Basically just hammered them over and took a heat gun to re-form the plastic fender liner. I do have pictures, and am planning to post a How-To on the subject, as I couldn't find any step by step process or pictures when I first set out to do this.

Heading out on another expedition soon, so this will have to sit on the back burner until I get back. Stay tuned!

That's dead sexy.

Basically just hammered them over and took a heat gun to re-form the plastic fender liner. I do have pictures, and am planning to post a How-To on the subject, as I couldn't find any step by step process or pictures when I first set out to do this.

Heading out on another expedition soon, so this will have to sit on the back burner until I get back. Stay tuned!
I'll look forward to the write up! I need to do the same thing and have that exact wheel/tire setup but haven't found anything on it. I'm sure it's not hard to just smack it with a hammer but always nice to see someone else did it successfully first.

View attachment 1496924
View attachment 1496923

View attachment 1496927
View attachment 1496928
View attachment 1496930

Thanks for this post. This pretty much is exactly what I was looking to see. I'll be going with the F5

Curious if you ever did a post on the pinch welds? I just got these wheels and have rubbing on my right side on 285's. Wasn't expecting that. Love the look and the stance of the truck now.

I picked up a set from Vin last week and used the Black Friday deals listed to get a good set of tires- 285/75/16. Dropped the running boards the same day, and it's like a whole new truck. Also interested in the pinch-weld mod writeup. Here's a before and after, as well as some direct sun shots.

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Let's see 'em!

I'll take some better photos soon. Here is one I took the morning after. I was able to trim the fenders some more and no more rubbing. Still interested in the pinch welds because at some point I would like to go with larger tires. 295's would be ideal unless someone has tried running bigger with this offset...I'd love to know. Does it compensate enough to not have to run spacers on say 315's?

IMG_5035.JPG

Does anyone know if the new SCS SR8 will work on the 100? I believe it was designed for the Tundra...

SR8

Unfortunate that it's a 18 vs 17 but might be another option.

I picked up a set from Vin last week and used the Black Friday deals listed to get a good set of tires. Dropped the running boards the same day, and it's a whole new truck. Also interested in pinch-weld mod writeup. Here's a before and after, as well as some direct sun shots.

full

full

full

full

full

Loving the bronze. It's making me wonder what that color would look like on Champagne Pearl.

Does anyone know if the new SCS SR8 will work on the 100? I believe it was designed for the Tundra...

SR8

Unfortunate that it's a 18 vs 17 but might be another option.

May want to check out the RAY 10 they are releasing in Jan 18 (pre order only via tundra website)

Plenty of guys run a +25 offset (aka et25) 18x9 wheel with 275/70r18 and even 305/65r18 lifted.

You said 18 vs 17 but the F5 is 16".. Would love a 17" option though.

If into 17" then look at the FN 5 star with +30 offset.

Perfect. Couldn't have picked a better wheel for that setup.

Those are 285's right? After trimming are you confident 295's wouldn't run?

Correct 285's. Not sure if 295's would fit. Seems to be quite a bit of room now that I've trimmed back the plastic. I would like to go to 295's. I think I can crank the torsion bars a bit with the added weight from the front bumper and winch I think it has sagged a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom