4runner.... rescue? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I had this bump in the road, but I think it may have sorted itself out.

22re crazy rattle/knocking

So with that out of the way, I took her for her maiden run.

45867982-5924-461B-941E-FC61131A273E.jpeg

Pretty impressed that almost everything works.

Only issues inside the truck are the heater/AC switch doesn’t do anything. I figure it’s broken behind the dash. The dash is cracked in a couple spots. But otherwise friggin’ everything works. It’s stupid.

No, it’s an old Toyota!

Glad to hear the first test drive worked..so when's the solid axle swap and 33's coming? :hillbilly:

I have an 80 axle, an fj60 axle, and a buddy with a mini truck axle.... I really don’t WANT to sas it, but it feels inevitable.

I’d really rather bob it I think.

Don't bob it - keep it the way it is and toss that mini truck axle under there! Fab up some bumpers and go out and wheel the s**t out of it!

Don't bob it - keep it the way it is and toss that mini truck axle under there! Fab up some bumpers and go out and wheel the s**t out of it!

Yea i’ve always wanted to have a bobbed mini, though. On one hand this runner is in super good shape it’d be a shame to bob it. On the other hand I only paid $350 for it as it was headed to the scrapyard so I feel like this is the one to bob...

Im dealing with a REAL first world problem, here.

Yea i’ve always wanted to have a bobbed mini, though. On one hand this runner is in super good shape it’d be a shame to bob it. On the other hand I only paid $350 for it as it was headed to the scrapyard so I feel like this is the one to bob...

Im dealing with a REAL first world problem, here.

Regardless of what you paid it's a real nice 4Runner..it'd be a shame! If you're going to bob anything bob an old minitruck or something...that way you can buy a new bed if you want to get rid of the bob. Once you do it on the 4Runner it's permanent...

Bobbing imo is a huge waste. Build a real bumper and move on.

The only thing I love when bobbed is a Deuce and a Half.

59829597-FEB7-4AB5-BCEA-5AB212D0C95A.jpeg

Regardless of what you paid it's a real nice 4Runner..it'd be a shame! If you're going to bob anything bob an old minitruck or something...that way you can buy a new bed if you want to get rid of the bob. Once you do it on the 4Runner it's permanent...

Bobbing imo is a huge waste. Build a real bumper and move on.

The like button is not BIG enough.

The only thing I love when bobbed is a Deuce and a Half.

View attachment 1891590

Sounds like everyone agrees a bob is the way to go!

Hehe. I know it’s a waste and stupid and probably accomplished nothing but.... I’ve really got a bee in my bonnet about this one.

Regardless, the first thing to do is drive it and see what else needs fixing. I’m sure plenty of things will pop up. My hope is that this can be a reliable “DD” to alternate with my 80.

A buddy wanted to trade his 4.88s for my 4.10s. Ok! The front is a Toyota OEM 4.88 diff and the rear is a pretty freshly rebuilt marlin crawler 2 pinion. Exciting picture of the diffs:

And then I found this on Craigslist.

Trail gear 4.7 case with Twin-sticks. So that’s cool. I’ll be a farm tractor when I’m in 4low. At least I have some meaty 235/75r15 bfg ATs to push around.

I sold my 100 series yesterday and today we bought a highlander. Part of the negotiations included a brand new set of wheels/tires from a 4runner trail they had sitting in the showroom. I hope they don’t look too out of place on the Cornrunner.

Tires still had the nubs on them....

I think that size will work well with 4.88s.

Well, you still have the 40 and 80, so maybe only being read the last rights. Post pics of that High-lander on 37s and all will be forgiven.

You’re dead to me.

I inherited my wife’s GX470 and now I “only” have 3 vehicles to maintain. The 100 just didn’t do it for me. It felt cheap compared to my 80 and the Lexus.

Well, you still have the 40 and 80, so maybe only being read the last rights. Post pics of that High-lander on 37s and all will be forgiven.

Not happening! We looked at 5th gen 4runners and I steered the ship toward Highlanders specifically so I wouldn’t be interested in fiddling with it. All we have to do is driiiive.

The 100 just didn’t do it for me. It felt cheap compared to my 80 and the Lexus.

All we have to do is driiiive.

I get the just drive bit, but the 100 feeling cheap comment has me questioning your sanity! My 100 feels better built and is nicer than my LX470 was.

Either way, you have a nice cross section of Toyotas!

I get the just drive bit, but the 100 feeling cheap comment has me questioning your sanity! My 100 feels better built and is nicer than my LX470 was.

Either way, you have a nice cross section of Toyotas!

I dunno. We have an '04 GX470 with 200k miles on it and the 100 had 170k mi. 100 was rattly, the switches felt cheap, the door panels were loud and the switch panels wobbled around. The leather was hard and felt worse (though it was 6 yrs older) than the GX. It leaked water from random ass places. It drove nicely and the v8 was great but the fit and finish on the inside felt waaay sloppier than the GX and all 3 80s I've had. My 80s were/are turds, too. They all lived hard lives. And to top it all off the 100 is 5-lug? What the hell?

C'mon Chad....he's trying to better himself from the addiction. Don't you tempt him to get back into it....

The first step to getting over the modification addiction is acceptance...the second step is to buy a highlander....or is it? 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom