3F-E Conversion Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IIRC that bracket looks like the accelerator pedal stop.

Not the direction you are headed in, but I gave up on he 62 canister and went this way so I didn't have to loose my blower fan or move the battery ;)

1000000383.jpg

Modified the stock intake piece for another nipple:

1000000381.jpg

I'd also recommend isolating that pump, it gets loud :(

1000000393.jpg

I just mounted mine to a plate that was bolted to my slider bracket with rubber bushings -

Looking good!

Tucker

I've been working to solve the FJ62 air canister issue and I think I finally have a viable solution.
Instead of cutting down the battery stand or swapping the battery to the driver's side (ala BJ42) I think I'm going to mount the air canister on the driver's side over the alternator. This keeps me from having to rewire the harness for a driver's side battery application, I don't have to butcher the factory battery mount and I wont cover up the dip stick.

I'm ordering the silicone hose today to start playing around. The only compromise I'm going to have to make (so far) is the forward engine lift hook will have to be removed.

I cut off all three mounting ears. I'm going to reweld them on in a position to fit on the driver's side fender:

I put on the hood to check for clearance and with the canister/MAF positioned here. I have about 1.75" of clearance between the MAF and the hood:

I had to slightly bend the vacuum lines so that they don't rub, but you can see there is room between the plentum and the canister on this side:

The gap between the radiator hose and the MAF is also tight but I think it'll be fine:

With a bit of trimming of the MAF body, I may even be able to mount this thing without removing the engine lift hook (bonus):

A couple 90 degree silicone elbows and some extra clamps and I'm thinking this'll work. I want to run the pipe off to the side of the valve cover as not to cover the oil fill cap:

And here are a couple overall shots for no real good reason:

Last edited:
If I settle on this location, I'm going to unwrap the engine wiring loom (need to do it anyway to move the FPR VSV wires) and re-route the MAF wire harness into the engine wire loom so that it will come out from underneath the fuel injector rail.

What do you guys think?

I would try to rotate the intake around to the front so it isn't sucking hot air off the exhaust manifold, otherwise looks like it will work. Your truck is going to look great.

If I settle on this location, I'm going to unwrap the engine wiring loom (need to do it anyway to move the FPR VSV wires) and re-route the MAF wire harness into the engine wire loom so that it will come out from underneath the fuel injector rail.

What do you guys think?

What do I think?!?

I am thinking I wish I had the approach you are taking to your install. I am thinking I should go back and re-do my install. It is nowhere near as clean as yours...

Good job!

I cut off all three mounting ears. I'm going to reweld them on in a position to fit on the driver-side fender

Fixed it for you. And, yes, highly recomend moving the air cleaner intake so you are not sucking hot air off the exhaust manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom