Builds 1985 FJ60 Gets a Holley Sniper EFI Setup (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

note on the charocoal canister...? Please elaborate on the two connections (left and right) where they go. I assume one is the vent line from the fuel tank? Anyway please point out the connections and where they go expressly on the canister. My truck is a V-8 swap and so many things have changed on mine.....and some of the firewall stuff I have removed (I still have the fuel tank vent)

note on the charocoal canister...? Please elaborate on the two connections (left and right) where they go. I assume one is the vent line from the fuel tank? Anyway please point out the connections and where they go expressly on the canister. My truck is a V-8 swap and so many things have changed on mine.....and some of the firewall stuff I have removed (I still have the fuel tank vent)

Looking at the picture the lower line on left runs to the tank, the upper line runs on firewall to drivers side and is vented into the vacuum port on the Sniper.

I'm all over this Holley option. Looks great and I'll get to scratch my nerd itch with some ECM tuning.

I haven't seen anyone speak about fuel economy yet, though. Is it better? Worse? Or is it a push?

Looking at the picture the lower line on left runs to the tank, the upper line runs on firewall to drivers side and is vented into the vacuum port on the Sniper.

OK thanks...I've got to rig up a charcoal canister and do a better job on my "venting" of the fuel tank.

Is it running "proper" now?? Do ya like how the EFI performs vs how it previously did?
Runs great with absolutely no issues. EFi is definitely a lot better than the carb set up for the high altitudes we spend a lot of time in here in Colorado. Never any issues with steep ups or downs when wheeling. I am very happy with the 2FE.

Runs great with absolutely no issues. EFi is definitely a lot better than the carb set up for the high altitudes we spend a lot of time in here in Colorado. Never any issues with steep ups or downs when wheeling. I am very happy with the 2FE.
Ya...I'm in Colorado as well. Live at 9700' drive down to 7400' daily and 5000' when I hit Denver....altitudes changing + carb is not always fun!!!

I get about the same MPG with my EFI v Carb. 12-13

Exactly, but like others have said, altitude changes, cold starts, winter starting etc..EFI makes life much easier. I have had to spay Ether in the carb (on my old F150) in the past to get it to start in -22* F weather even with a block heater plugged in. While my more modern fuel injected rides start slow, they start.

Exactly, but like others have said, altitude changes, cold starts, winter starting etc..EFI makes life much easier. I have had to spay Ether in the carb (on my old F150) in the past to get it to start in -22* F weather even with a block heater plugged in. While my more modern fuel injected rides start slow, they start.
Not many of us go to that extreme temp though. So I think it would be hard to start any vehicle that is not EFI (regardless of how old). My newly acquired JimC rebuilt carb has not had a single problem starting down into the teens in the last week that I have had it. Pull choke, couple pumps of the gas, and she fires right up. Even my old carb couldn't do that on its best day. And this is without any heating element aide and the truck sitting for at least 8hrs.

Not many of us go to that extreme temp though. So I think it would be hard to start any vehicle that is not EFI (regardless of how old). My newly acquired JimC rebuilt carb has not had a single problem starting down into the teens in the last week that I have had it. Pull choke, couple pumps of the gas, and she fires right up. Even my old carb couldn't do that on its best day. And this is without any heating element aide and the truck sitting for at least 8hrs.

Ya that was when I was living in Canada and up in the mountains. They had 2 seasons, Summer and Winter. Spring and Fall did not exists.
Down in the lower mainland, never had a problem with carbed.

Put about 350 miles on the 60 on a day trip Sunday. Holley ran great. The running is really settling in. My Jimc recurved dizzy is showing up today. Will report when I get it on if it makes a difference.

DB1B4567-537C-4DF5-ACF6-E0AC7EB0EB42.jpeg

A838BC74-26FD-40D7-A790-5BBFDCB5E948.jpeg

FC16DB28-6AD1-4D07-9A55-CE74C881E579.jpeg

E2E2EBCB-4EC9-4D47-A6E2-CB6406755B02.jpeg

6DB861C7-EB7E-4BE9-B111-3CF473E9CD95.jpeg

That looks like fun. I'd even take the mud over the BS trails in Texas.

You need to go out and find em. There are some epic backroads in Texas.

Mine are all covered in snow right now... :(

So what are your initial impressions of the system @Dustin Messina now that you have put a decent trip on it with some playing around offroad???? Talking, fuel delivery/response, avg. mpgs, powerband acceleration, etc.

Mine are all covered in snow right now... :(

So what are your initial impressions of the system @Dustin Messina now that you have put a decent trip on it with some playing around offroad???? Talking, fuel delivery/response, avg. mpgs, powerband acceleration, etc.

Once he gets his 33’s on we will do a side-by-side race to see if there is any power difference in the Holley v AFI.

Once he gets his 33’s on we will do a side-by-side race to see if there is any power difference in the Holley v AFI.
FJ60 drag times : 0-60 in 5.30!!! #loveit

A customer with a 62 that has an LS3 in it clocks 0-60 times on his Speed Hut speedometer
0-60 MPH 6.26 seconds. He told me the hardest thing to do is keep the rear wheels from lighting up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom