Builds 1985 FJ60 Gets a Holley Sniper EFI Setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why there? I was thinking where the Temp sensor for the temp gauge would be better. no?
That’s where they send you a sensor plug on the AFI and I think I read in here that’s how Holley does it too

Why there? I was thinking where the Temp sensor for the temp gauge would be better. no?

Thermo housing is a direct screw in fit and gives you a true reading. I like it there versus the factory gauge. I believe you’d have to do an adapter and then lose your factory gauge.

Mine are all covered in snow right now... :(

So what are your initial impressions of the system @Dustin Messina now that you have put a decent trip on it with some playing around offroad???? Talking, fuel delivery/response, avg. mpgs, powerband acceleration, etc.

I love it and have about 800 miles or so on the setup. Very consistent with fuel delivery and response. I have not had a chance to run mpg checks. Driving cruiser I’ve removed good mpg from my vocabulary, ha. The truck has noticeable more power versus the carb set up. It was absolutely worth it. It’s reallybsettkikg in with the learning and running better than ever.

I speak Dustin if anyone needs a translation
LOL. Please! I think I understand but hesitate. Sounds like the truck is running awesome and loving the change.

LOL. Please! I think I understand but hesitate. Sounds like the truck is running awesome and loving the change.

Correct.

“It’s really settling in”

"more power".... I've bee n told the rig would.add 50horsepower just.removing the vac hoses true or.not...idk, Ya'll would. But mines happening verrrrry soon and I cldnt be happier.

That’s where they send you a sensor plug on the AFI and I think I read in here that’s how Holley does it too
I plugged the top hole in thermostat house and used the bottom one.
Thermo housing is a direct screw in fit and gives you a true reading. I like it there versus the factory gauge. I believe you’d have to do an adapter and then lose your factory gauge.
Thanks!
I will have to look at mine to see. I already have some crazy adapter where the stock gauge sensor is as I also have mechanical gauge.

"more power".... I've bee n told the rig would.add 50horsepower just.removing the vac hoses true or.not...idk, Ya'll would. But mines happening verrrrry soon and I cldnt be happier.

I doubt 50 more horsepower because that would be significant on this motir. I feel it has more low end torque, but no data to prove this. More responsive in the gas pedal for sure.

Thanks!
I will have to look at mine to see. I already have some crazy adapter where the stock gauge sensor is as I also have mechanical gauge.

If you are already running mechanical and eliminated the factory gauge then run it where the factory temp sensor is located. I leave my sniper lcd unit in the glove box so I like to have my factory gauge working. I only pull the sniper lcd screen out when I need it.

Hopefully I can get this stabbed this morning before I head out of town for work. A fresh recurved dizzy from @FJ40Jim

9772D158-E9CA-4167-92F5-733CA31A9D11.jpeg

If you are already running mechanical and eliminated the factory gauge then run it where the factory temp sensor is located. I leave my sniper lcd unit in the glove box so I like to have my factory gauge working. I only pull the sniper lcd screen out when I need it.
No I am actually using both. This is a crazy pipe that both plug into. I will look at it closer to see if there is an option to add an additional sensor.

Teaser shot of the new tires and wheels soon to come....

0B1B34EE-EA29-4B06-92C3-9B6BCE291C24.jpeg

No I am actually using both. This is a crazy pipe that both plug into. I will look at it closer to see if there is an option to add an additional sensor.

If it’s already setup for two I would ditch the mechanical and run Holley where it was and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom