Build 1978 US Market FJ40 Factory Restoration

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Richford, Enosburg, Montgomery and north Troy
 
Something I have feared in the NE, myself. I don't drive on any salt, first. Second, I keep it garaged (and only because I installed a dual split in my garage) and temperature+humidity controlled. Hopefully that will prolong any rust issues for years to come. Fingers crossed. I've also liberally applied preventative on the undercarriage.
 
Happy 4th!
2026-05-10_19-50-38_579.webp
2026-05-10_14-25-54_390.webp
2026-05-29_20-31-23_171.webp
 
Now that all kinks, issues and dialing-in is complete (outside of a slightly imperfect fiberglass top) I think it is time to start a new project...which means soon this cruiser will find a new home. Maybe tooting my own horn, but I haven't seen a more true "restoration" on the market in quite some time. Hopefully this will be of value to someone. Stay tuned.
 
:popcorn:
 
Now that all kinks, issues and dialing-in is complete (outside of a slightly imperfect fiberglass top) I think it is time to start a new project...which means soon this cruiser will find a new home. Maybe tooting my own horn, but I haven't seen a more true "restoration" on the market in quite some time. Hopefully this will be of value to someone. Stay tuned.
Wow, I don't know how you do it. I have a minuscule fraction of the work into my 40 and I'll drag that hunk of metal to my grave.

I've followed from the beginning and this is truly an amazing RESTORATION. I wish I were closer as I'd be honored to photograph your truck for the listing and posterity. @CenTXFJ60 can attest to what good photography does for a vehicle sale.

Cheers man, you are an inspiration.
 
That means a lot. We each have our adventures....and mine has always been more about the journey and lesson, than the destination. I'd love for you to photograph this truck. I have a decent camera, but know nothing about the depth of its functions or capabilities.
In a perfect world, I'd have a nicer fiberglass top and a professionally installed headliner. However, could be someone else's weekend project. It has never bothered me enough to swap it out. I'm also struggling a bit to price this, or what reserve to even put on it. The market is as volatile as spacex stock.
 
Coming from someone that didn’t follow your entire build thread, I first opened this thread and must embarrassingly admit I was immediately critical of your decision to sell. Then I read your incredibly thought out for sale post and I understood immediately what you had put into this build. I looked at the pictures with pure admiration. This is truly a restoration to the absolute highest degree. For everything that went into your build this sale price doesn’t do it justice, someone will get a true bargain and something only a few builders could replicate.

The old saying “ buy this with confidence” would be the understatement of the year!
Incredible job.
 
Best of luck

 
Now that all kinks, issues and dialing-in is complete (outside of a slightly imperfect fiberglass top) I think it is time to start a new project...which means soon this cruiser will find a new home. Maybe tooting my own horn, but I haven't seen a more true "restoration" on the market in quite some time. Hopefully this will be of value to someone. Stay tuned.
Wow, so she will be off to a new home!
GLWS Dallas!
 
For sale! New
I'm excited to have my project go live on Bring a Trailer. I would be honored with any comments or support you could offer on the thread and to help spread the word. Thank you, all.
 
Best of luck

Thank you Nolan, all - means the world. This community has been "home" for years. Such a stand-up crowd.
 
As much pain, sweat and tears as you've put into this 40, I sincerely hope you get all the money you deserve. It would be ideal if two or more guys with really deep pockets decide they must have it. I'm rooting for you, Dallas! GLWTA
 
Whomever has to have the best, this is it.
 
Back
Top Bottom