Builds 1965 Seminole Red FJ45 SWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Excited to see where this goes!

Is there going to be a newish H55 with a proper 40 top on the market soon?

I really really disliked the 5 speed.
I have heard that a 2f doesn’t have enough power to take full advantage of the 5th gear, especially if going up an incline. Makes the 5speed swap alone a little lack luster.

The 5 speed changes the characteristics of the driving experience. It feels....modern. The three and four speeds have a distinct feel of nostalgia and are in perfect synchrony in an old land cruiser that someone is not trying to modernize into something it's not. Secondary roads don't need an overdrive.

I have heard that a 2f doesn’t have enough power to take full advantage of the 5th gear, especially if going up an incline. Makes the 5speed swap alone a little lack luster.
That’s not an issue in the least with this motor.

It all started after SEMA….

IMG_6015.jpeg

I really really disliked the 5 speed.
Anything other than the annoying need for a 1/2 gear between 2nd and 3rd you didn’t like about the combo In this truck?

No issue at all with power. @roma042987 basically said it, it’s just too modern for the truck. If I plan to drive somewhere that requires highway speeds for extended duration then I just drive my 79 series or the 200 series. This engine has plenty of power and likes to turn RPMs so it seems silly to have the extra 5th gear.

Anything other than the annoying need for a 1/2 gear between 2nd and 3rd you didn’t like about the combo In this truck?
Really just the 5th gear. I tried the H55 out of curiosity because I have never had one in a 40 series. It would probably be a nice upgrade for someone driving long distances on trips, etc. I just don’t feel like it fits this truck. Needs more RPMs and more tire roar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom