17" VERTICAL SCREEN ANDROID 9.0 FAST BOOT NAVI RADIO FOR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LC200 2008 - 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sidebar: the virus lives up to 9 days, so assuming someone contagious eventually ships it you may want to wait until the clock runs out before you open it. Risk is low but consequences are high. YMMV. :)

I think I will end up going the Grom VLine route once the wireless CarPlay has been integrated. Hopefully they upgrade the CPU to the OctaCore, add more RAM and go with a newer version of Android while they're at it. Sounds like maybe a March timeline.

The LC is different than the LX. On the LX I can tell you for sure that the factory cameras do not work unless you put some time into figuring out how to get it to work. For me it was easier to just get an aftermarket 360view system. And I'm glad I did, the resolution is MUCH better than the OEM cameras, well worth the upgrade.

The external microphone came with the package. I did not buy anything additional. You can use the system with the built in microphone or you can plug the external mic in and place it wherever you want. I tried both and the external microphone was noticeably better.
@baktasht
Hey buddy I have a similar install. I ordered the 360 camera kit for my tesla screen, but the installation manual is crap at best. Do you have yours? Is it sendable via email? I havent been able to calibrate nor integrate the left right cameras with turn signals.
Cheers

Hey Buddy, I have Installed a Tesla Style 12.1 inch on my LC 200 VX 5.7L 2008 Petrol and I bought a RP3 and Finally got the sound working but the the Air Con, Steering Wheels and Rear Camera I cannot figure it out due to the connection harnesses from the after market not being the same as the original headunit. I have done a some researches around the internet and few Forums but still nothing yet found.
Can anyone help?
I have attached some pics of the original wiring connections harness.

20191006_142522.jpg

20191006_142615.jpg

20191118_115638.jpg

20191118_115607.jpg

hey buddy you probably need a canbus adapter. Something like this:

I have no idea if they are universal or radio specific. And no idea if the plugs are compatible. Typically they would come with your head unit.
The linked ad has many provisios, so the best option is to follow-up with your radio vendor.

If you look at this ad, you'll see it includes a canbus and camera part

Dear Grinchy, Thank you very much for you reply,
your help is much appreciated,
I had a look at those links you sent to me but the connection harnesses are not similar,
From the investigation I have been doing so far, F1 Connection Harness of 20Pin for Audio is already working butI will need a wiring harness information for any of (F47/3C/F28/F64) 26 Pin (AC Controls) and any of (E7/F41/L34) 28Pin for Camera and other Controls,
Any Help is much appreciated,
Torres

If you want to run t he climate controls, you’ll need the can bus interface, or you’ll need a custom programmed solution to interrogate the bus and translate the information to and from the after market Head unit. I’ll go ahead and guess this path is not feasible.

so feasible options include getting a different more full featured head unit package, or going to the lower spec dash parts that have separate climate control and clock. Both of those options are discussed on threads here and both have been successfully done.

as far as camera, the stock camera is 6v that is an issue for many aftermarket integrations. The camera harness has four wires v+ v- and two signal. You can with voltmeter establish the + and - and then with trial and error determine signal configuration.

There are a couple other threads around here discussing the installs. The biggest issue I had with the old version (not the same model) is that the hard buttons for the temperature control didn’t work. That’s an issue for me. There’s a review of the latest and greatest screen for an LX570- the temperature control buttons were integrated into the unit from Phoenix.

can use an after market system and plug it into the screen unit.
I looked on their website but could not find an option for the LX570 which is what we have. Do you know where you read about the LX option?

I looked on their website but could not find an option for the LX570 which is what we have. Do you know where you read about the LX option?
They have at least two. The search is hard to find it is at the top of the product menu.
Don’t forget to use the promo code.

This may be the same radio. Another member PM'd this to me and the Australian company Guaranteed it would work in a US Spec unit

What is enouraging is the 8 sec boot time and also the video going through the functions

Looks like my unit will arrive Friday. I am also dropping my truck off at Slee Friday so install will have to wait until next week

Looks like my unit will arrive Friday. I am also dropping my truck off at Slee Friday so install will have to wait until next week
Curious to see what you think of that new unit. The specs look great on it.

yesterday we installed Phoenix Automotive PX6 16" on a 2013 LC200 with 4 zone AC, everything works perfectly except for the AC, cant get the on screen controls to work, I've tried all protocols one by one with no success.

Thing looks incredibly good, but with no AC, and these guys from Phoenix Automotive not answering any messages...scratching my head on this one.

yesterday we installed Phoenix Automotive PX6 16" on a 2013 LC200 with 4 zone AC, everything works perfectly except for the AC, cant get the on screen controls to work, I've tried all protocols one by one with no success.

Thing looks incredibly good, but with no AC, and these guys from Phoenix Automotive not answering any messages...scratching my head on this one.
Send them a message through their websites support link. They take about a day to respond but they're very helpful and always willing to lend a hand.

Thanks for the update. I had my suspicions.

I was actually thinking about working on the console a side project, but my plan was to find an easier way to revert the heater controls to normal knobs. The heater controls are just so expensive. I wonder if there's a way to get the same function but using something more obtainable.

Something like this to also free up the usable space on the console for a CB or HAM radio. I've been looking at the electronics for a while. Maybe it's time to just jump in.

1601882327903.png

Thanks for the update. I had my suspicions.

I was actually thinking about working on the console a side project, but my plan was to find an easier way to revert the heater controls to normal knobs. The heater controls are just so expensive. I wonder if there's a way to get the same function but using something more obtainable.

Something like this to also free up the usable space on the console for a CB or HAM radio. I've been looking at the electronics for a while. Maybe it's time to just jump in.

View attachment 2456358
The swap has been done for a non us variant to the manual control stack. I think that thread talks thru all The part swaps necessary. It was not cheap.

The swap has been done for a non us variant to the manual control stack. I think that thread talks thru all The part swaps necessary. It was not cheap.
Sure, but my plan is to swap the heater controls for a more readily available solution. Something not land cruiser, but maybe still toyota. I'd like to clean up the entire console. It would include provisions for usb charging, more space for a ham or cb radio while also have the space for knob heater controls and a new radio. The idea is to find a cheaper solution. When I was pouring over the manuals, it looked like the electronics boards are very similar to that of the Camry, Corolla, and Tacoma. I've wondered if they were the same electrically, but obviously not the same form factor.

Sounds like it's time to really time to dig in and investigate.

I've been doing a little research online. Thought I would share a few things.

All of the large screen Landcruiser units appear to be manufactured by Zhi Fang: TOYOTA - Shenzhen Changheweiye Technology Co.,Ltd Offical Website

The 2008-2015 units appear to be model ZF-1806S: ZF-1806S - TOYOTA - Shenzhen Changheweiye Technology Co.,Ltd Offical Website

If you look at the specs for that model, you'll see that it's a PX3 unit which is a little odd. Apparently our friends in the 100 series forum found the same thing on the ZF-1301S- it's listed on the Zhi Fang website as a PX3 unit, but the hardware received is the upgraded PX6 (looks like model number ZF-1301X). The install video on page 5 clearly shows Zhi Fang hardware. The label on the unit shows model number ZF-1806XH (see time 13:33).

There's more info in the 100 series thread here: LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions

There's also a 30 page manual documenting the install in the 100 series. Keeping wiring harnesses straight looks like a challenge, but it doesn't seem insurmountable. The PX6 install video posted on page 5 walks through all the connections and the wiring- the 200 series install looks easier than the 100 series.

I'm looking forward to updates from everyone who has units coming. Another mud members shared the wiring diagrams with me- if any of you need any help with access to manuals I'd be happy to try to find the relevant info and send it on.
Hi Folks
I bought a Shenzen Changheweive Technology C. Ltd Tesla Style Head Unit: ZF-1806S in Australia and don't have Installation instructions for it - competent Audio Installers are stumped also. The vendor seems happy to have made the sale but their support is not very informative partly due to language issues. I have got to the stage where the cables in the attached photo are visible and I think everything behind the units has been connected properly. I don't know what connects to the 2 female sockets and don't know where the audio plug fits - the multi-pin black plug fits into the rear of the Head Unit (see photo for model of head unit). There seem to be a number of cables available at this stage including an auxiliary cable, a lead with a pair of USB Female sockets - this cable plugs into rear of Head Unit but I've no idea where the female USB sockets attach, a rear camera cable and a GPS cable - these two I can find a home for. On the console there is a USB & a stereo audio socket (to identify the vehicle).
I'd be most grateful if someone is able to assist.
Best regards
LawrieM

2020.10.24 Four leads needing a home 2.jpg

2020.10.24 Rear of Head Unit.jpg

2020.10.24 Two USB sockets - what do they attach_plug into.jpg

2020.10.24 Whole unit with 4 exposed leads.jpg

Has anyone tried to remove the DVD player and replace it with an aftermarket carplay/android auto unit? I wonder if the DVD player could be replaced and you could route the audio through the main unit using the new aftermarket unit as a DVD player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom