17" VERTICAL SCREEN ANDROID 9.0 FAST BOOT NAVI RADIO FOR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LC200 2008 - 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I might be wrong, but the video from the 2014 LC seems to use the stock cameras! The only thing holding me back from buying this unit is the lack of OEM camera support and the LC video here got me excited :)

The LC is different than the LX. On the LX I can tell you for sure that the factory cameras do not work unless you put some time into figuring out how to get it to work. For me it was easier to just get an aftermarket 360view system. And I'm glad I did, the resolution is MUCH better than the OEM cameras, well worth the upgrade.

Your video mentions an external microphone. I haven't seen that anywhere else- is that part of the kit or aftermarket? Simple plug and play? Looking at the Landcruiser versions the microphone appears to be on the right side of the screen which would be appropriate for a right hand drive vehicle, but I expect it will be pretty poor for US spec. I know you can't speak to the Landcruiser version, but I'm hoping the wiring is similar.
The external microphone came with the package. I did not buy anything additional. You can use the system with the built in microphone or you can plug the external mic in and place it wherever you want. I tried both and the external microphone was noticeably better.

The LC is different than the LX. On the LX I can tell you for sure that the factory cameras do not work unless you put some time into figuring out how to get it to work.
Damn it. I was hoping to just use the "decoder" (US $141.96 16% OFF|Autostereo Box decoder for Toyota Land Cruiser 200 2008 2015 original 4 camera just fit the unit from our store on AliExpress) and get away with it. I understand the aftermarket camera setup will improve the picture quality, but adding new holes on bumpers and side mirrors for 4 new cameras scares me.

Damn it. I was hoping to just use the "decoder" (US $141.96 16% OFF|Autostereo Box decoder for Toyota Land Cruiser 200 2008 2015 original 4 camera just fit the unit from our store on AliExpress) and get away with it. I understand the aftermarket camera setup will improve the picture quality, but adding new holes on bumpers and side mirrors for 4 new cameras scares me.
Here's where i installed my cameras. Used the same location for the front and rear cameras. And had to drill a couple holes for the ones that go on the bottom side of the side mirrors.

IMG_20200110_081313.jpg

IMG_20200110_081331.jpg

IMG_20200110_081410.jpg

IMG_20200110_081313.jpg

LX uses 6v camera. It is hard to source and not compatible with much unless you change the voltage for it inline. This is for the rear, I haven’t looked at replacing the front or mirror. What @baktasht did was the most expedient and best quality outcome.

I continue the broken amp replacement saga on my build thread. I’ll keep following for updates an the lx hu replacement.

*Edit -> I have updated earlier posts to reflect reality of the Mark Levinson Amplifier. It is a 12 channel amplifier with built in DSPs to manage house sound.

Last edited:
I continue the broken amp replacement saga on my build thread. I’ll keep following for updates an the lx hu replacement.
What I would do in your place is take a look at your amplifier that is broken to identify exactly which one you have, then look on eBay for a used one from a wrecked vehicle. Swap it out and call it a day. No need to get super creative when you can just swap in a good one: lx570 amplifier | eBay

What I would do in your place is take a look at your amplifier that is broken to identify exactly which one you have, then look on eBay for a used one from a wrecked vehicle. Swap it out and call it a day. No need to get super creative when you can just swap in a good one: lx570 amplifier | eBay
A used amp is $500 plus. the cheapest listing right now is $580, excluding the repair service at $400. I’ve been watching for six months. . . And getting into a repaired or used amp is not a particularly good long term solution. All these capacitors are 10 years old now . . . Forums littered with failures and repeat failures. I’m going to get a new HU anyway eventually so I’m getting out while I can.

I also like to tinker, so there is that. And it will sound vastly superior. So much more power Even with the very cheapest current amp tech.

I've been doing a little research online. Thought I would share a few things.

All of the large screen Landcruiser units appear to be manufactured by Zhi Fang: TOYOTA - Shenzhen Changheweiye Technology Co.,Ltd Offical Website

The 2008-2015 units appear to be model ZF-1806S: ZF-1806S - TOYOTA - Shenzhen Changheweiye Technology Co.,Ltd Offical Website

If you look at the specs for that model, you'll see that it's a PX3 unit which is a little odd. Apparently our friends in the 100 series forum found the same thing on the ZF-1301S- it's listed on the Zhi Fang website as a PX3 unit, but the hardware received is the upgraded PX6 (looks like model number ZF-1301X). The install video on page 5 clearly shows Zhi Fang hardware. The label on the unit shows model number ZF-1806XH (see time 13:33).

There's more info in the 100 series thread here: LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions

There's also a 30 page manual documenting the install in the 100 series. Keeping wiring harnesses straight looks like a challenge, but it doesn't seem insurmountable. The PX6 install video posted on page 5 walks through all the connections and the wiring- the 200 series install looks easier than the 100 series.

I'm looking forward to updates from everyone who has units coming. Another mud members shared the wiring diagrams with me- if any of you need any help with access to manuals I'd be happy to try to find the relevant info and send it on.

That's my fi

:) That's my video. I'm on a 2009 LX570. Install was pretty straight forward.

* It does not work with the factory cameras in stock form. I opted to get a 360 camera kit instead and install that. But looking at Toyota/Lexus wiring diagrams there is probably a way to get the stock cameras to work, you just have to put time into it. With the amount of time needed to get it right, I just figured an updated camera system was the better route to go.

* The factory rear tv display(s) don't work with it either, so I opted to get a nice new HD flip down screen instead and it was by far the best decision since it allows you to play videos off of a USB or microSD car as well, and also works with the oem lexus/toyota IR headphones (or any aftermarket ones).

* In order to get the reverse camera to trigger I couldn't find any wires behind the dash to use as 12V trigger, so I had to run a wire to the reverse lights to use as the trigger.

* Boot up is fairly quick even though its not the "fast boot" version. The reverse camera trigger works even before it boots up. So if you start up the truck and immediately go into reverse you'll still get the reverse camera feed even if the system is not fully booted up.

* I have a Google Pixel phone so I tried the Android Auto and it worked okay. But I prefer to just turn on the hotspot on my phone and connect via wifi from the headunit to my phone, and use the apps directly on the headunit, they work MUCH better than over Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

* I use both Google Maps and Waze on the headunit (primarily Waze). I also use Pandora and Youtube Music for streaming. You can even watch music videos on Youtube Music with it.

* Radio functions work flawlessly. With the stock wiring your factory amplifier has to be functioning for it all to work. But you can easily install an aftermarket amplifier instead of your factory one.

Let me know if ya'll have any questions. Happy to help.

Cool, please keel us updated, i would be interested into see how it does in Texas Summers.

No, was told shipping is delayed due to Chinese New Year but shipping soon

Any updates?

nope. Last I heard Chinese New Year was slowing shipments and I would bet the airline shutdown due to the virus hasnt helped

Got an email that stated:

"Since this is a brand new unit, it will be shipping out from China. Right now our staff in China cannot leave their homes due to the Coronavirus outbreak and might not be able to return to work until further notice. Processing normally takes 5-15 business days, where they do a compatibility check and quality test. After processing, the unit will take 5-7 business days to deliver with standard shipping and 3-5 days with express shipping. The shipping method you choose during checkout does not affect handling time. Express shipping means the item can be delivered faster than with standard shipping."

I cancelled my order and received a full refund within minutes.

I guess I'll look into other options.

Got an email that stated:

"Since this is a brand new unit, it will be shipping out from China. Right now our staff in China cannot leave their homes due to the Coronavirus outbreak and might not be able to return to work until further notice. Processing normally takes 5-15 business days, where they do a compatibility check and quality test. After processing, the unit will take 5-7 business days to deliver with standard shipping and 3-5 days with express shipping. The shipping method you choose during checkout does not affect handling time. Express shipping means the item can be delivered faster than with standard shipping."

I cancelled my order and received a full refund within minutes.

I guess I'll look into other options.
I think Phoenix audio has some onshore. At least they did around Christmas

I reached out directly to the manufacturer right before China was shutting down for the new year celebration. They still haven't responded. I've been watching the news including a couple vloggers in China including a Canadian in Shenzhen. The city looks pretty well shut down- not much activity.

Crossing my fingers that everyone in China can get healthy and back to normal. Spending a lot of time restricted to their homes doesn't sound like much fun. I can't imagine keeping my kids inside for weeks at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom