stereo speakers in a FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.serie4.fr
hi !
i would like to have 2 speakers in my cruiser..but not in the doors (because i drive without :) )..where to pute this speakers ? an idea ?
, i've got a factory roll bar, coudl be good to fix on it like jeep ..i wait for pictures if you have or idea..best regards

tlc4x4 sells some speaker mounts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...38655QQitemZ8072640797QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

it says they work with the kick vents but it sure does seem like it would make them difficult to kick open. Does anybody have these?

ah, crusher already linked to these. :doh:
e5_12.JPG

casey said:
tlc4x4 sells some speaker mounts.

I agree those are going to make the kick vents less kickable. They don't look like they're worth $75 to me. I doubt the sound is going to be better than a speaker in the stock location, up under the dash mounted to the right of the glove box. That location will also fit at least a 4x6, and maybe a 4x10.

That leaves a mount for the left speaker under the left side of the dash. I'll let someone else peek up there and see if there's room. My rig's at home napping.

The left side could also go under the driver's seat...

Anyone have a factory AM/FM radio? Just wondering if the speaker is any different from the AM. Mine works great, but there's not a great offering of music on AM. I only use it to get a quick traffic update before hitting the freeway, or for ballgames when I'm wrenching.

Last edited:
what happens when you hit a puddle and water or mud get all over those.

damn bsevans!

your 40 has got some of the most well thought out options...given me lots of ideas!

I think you need to do a ROTW

johnkappus said:
damn bsevans!

your 40 has got some of the most well thought out options...given me lots of ideas!

I think you need to do a ROTW
OK, droping my pants here - ROTW means?

bandy rooster said:
R-rig
O-of
T- the
W- week
How does one do an ROTW and what should it contain?

bsevans said:
How does one do an ROTW and what should it contain?

Hit up some of the other ROTW and see what others have done...

Infomative write up of your truck and the path you took to get it there....

:beer:

Poser said:
Hit up some of the other ROTW and see what others have done...

Infomative write up of your truck and the path you took to get it there....

I just did an informative write up on the cruiser addressing all the work that has been done on the vehicle and the major items I have left to get damn close to the end of the tunnel. I did not get into how I fell in love with the FJ40 the very first time I saw one and the joy over the past 20 years of having this mistress all to my own. That write up alone is 3 pages long - just listing the detail.

Sounds like a good read....you should post it up.

Also for speaker brackets like those shown above, baffles are never a bad idea, it waterproofs the backside and makes them sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom