4 banger FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just had to post this one.
Ok now your comments?
fj4022r.jpg
fj4022r1.jpg

Well at least it a Toyota motor. Does it have a centered rear axle and a mini truck tranny and t-case too?

Is this a new purchase or just something you went to look at?

I have been looking for a low price FJ40 mainly for the body, this one came up in search, so I figured mud members might want to see it.
I wish it was close , I have a complete 2F drivetrain ready to work. I think it has all 22r drivetrain and rear axle.

Where is this truck located? I seem to remember reading somewhere that in some markets they actually put 22R's in FJ40s. Maybe I'm off and thinking of something else.

Not in the 40s (as far as I know).
It has been stock petrol engine for the next LC generation(70 series).
Certainly sold(1985-1990) in Australia and Europe equiped with the 22R, probably sold in the Middle East and elsewhere.
Cheers!:cheers:

-------
1984 BJ42,3Bdiesel,factory 5spd,No P/S

bet that thing is a powerhouse. NOT

Wonder what kinda mileage it gets...

Vic, how is your tractor project coming along? Do you have any new pictures?

Dave
Not much since last winter.
I am still looking for a FEL to put on ,then it shouldn't be much to do to finish it.

7K :eek:

Hmmm, not something I would do, but any idea on how it drives, fuel economy, performance???

Hi All:

Four Wheeler magazine featured an article back in the 1990s of a 22R swap into a FJ55! I can't imagine how slow and gutless that Piggy became! :rolleyes:

I wonder though how the newer 2.7L I-4 with EFI would do in a 40 Series with smaller tires.

Regards,

Alan

I just had to post this one.
Ok now your comments?

Wow. just wow. I love the 22R series in pickup, but no-way I'd ever like to see someone do this to a 40... unless of course the 40's body were built like one of those blow-up jumpy castles...

LOL! Although I would be curious as to how one of those hyped up LC Engineering motors would do. I always wanted one for my 85 Mini but they are pretty spendy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom