4 banger FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While I agree with the obvious, still curious...so no one has real world experience with a 22 in a 40?

Why that Supra engine instead of a 350 H.P. 22R? It'd probably be cheaper, I'll grant you that, but any other reasons other than the almighty dollar?

Why that Supra engine instead of a 350 H.P. 22R? It'd probably be cheaper, I'll grant you that, but any other reasons other than the almighty dollar?
I am not going with either Supra or toy truck engine,
This is what I am putting into the 40.
045_45.jpg

I am not going with either Supra or toy truck engine,
This is what I am putting into the 40.

I love em, but if you think a 22RE is gutless, the 3B is surely worse. Someone just posted their numbers in diesel tech - <50hp at the wheels.

And whats with the pipe from the timing cover to the manifold?????

Last I heard the F engine was 240 ft. lbs. of torque stock, and the 22R was 120 ft. lbs. I don't think our Cam that gets the 22R up to 136 ft. lbs. would still cut the mustard in a Landcruiser. And yet there are those who think their F or 2F actually produces more off road torque than a Chevy V8. The reality is that the V8 produces even more torque at an even lower rpm than the 6 cyl.

But what is it for :confused:
I am only guessing.
It is to beef up the mounting for the fuel filter, so you don't bust the manifold while trying to loosen the bleeder screw.

I am only guessing.
It is to beef up the mounting for the fuel filter, so you don't bust the manifold while trying to loosen the bleeder screw.

Oh, I guess busting the manifold isn't a risk with girlie little arms like mine. :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom