Yard Find (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Johnny, finally worked out where it mounts. Although I must admit I am a bit confused as the light mounts on the passenger side of the vehicle and there is no switch on the actual light. Further there are no door activator switches to make the light come on when the door is opened. The wiring for the light comes up through the windscreen frame along with the wiper wiring.

That was on the drivers side on my truck :)

Pass side for rhd

It is turned on by the light switch ... Turning to the left? For light and right to dim the light (I may have these reversed lol)

Mine always stays on... So as it says in PO manual page #37 ... Don't replace with working light switch... Just use a toggle switch next to light for a clean look :)

I use the hardtop light on my FST bows

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got the roof back today and hopefully fit the lining tomorrow. Also got a few other bits and pieces back from the painter as well :bounce::bounce:
IMG_2580.JPG

Not the best shot of the roof lining but it is in and the roof is on.

IMG_2585.JPG

Another day of wiring yesterday and have now got the engine bay wiring all sorted and looking neat. Hopefully next Sunday will finish off the internal wiring and she will look all sweet. Had a play around with the horn which I believe is original and it still works.

Horn1.JPG
Horn2.JPG

Well after a lot of searching on the net I have come to the realization that I can not get the inserts for the parkers anywhere so it has come down to necessity is the mother of invention in this situation or as we used to say when I was in the military, improvise, overcome and adapt. So this is what I am going to do in the short term to get the parkers up and running while I continue to search for the original inserts. Bought a couple of brass plumbing fittings and then cut them down so they remain threaded on one end and will just buy an aftermarket bulb holder about 12mm in diameter which will fit inside the brass fitting and then solder this in place. Once the whole thing is made all you will see is the brass thread and nut coming out of the bottom of the parker.
Brass Fitting.JPG
Fitting in Parker.JPG
Parker Fitted.JPG

Simply amazing transformation.................:beer:

Neat solution.

Almost done with all the electrics. One final check today and just a bit more to tidy up and they are done.

Wiring has now been fully completed and everything works. Next decision is to either get the engine running or the glass and rubbers in but that is about all that is left to register her :clap::clap:
Engine Bay1.JPG
Engine Bay2.JPG

Another day of wiring yesterday and have now got the engine bay wiring all sorted and looking neat. Hopefully next Sunday will finish off the internal wiring and she will look all sweet. Had a play around with the horn which I believe is original and it still works.

View attachment 1288399 View attachment 1288401

Love little details on original parts like this... love that it lists out the voltage as well as dB rating of the horn. And of course the little teq emblem. Glad you shared this quick shots.

Love the overall project. Looking outstanding mate.

Been a while since anything has been done on Jade but she is off today to the mechanics to get the last of the work done to get the motor running.
IMG_3175.JPG
IMG_3176.JPG

Hi Ken, been out touch for a while, have you still got Jade ?

Yeah mate still got her. Not much more to do now and she will be finished. The only trouble now is I have two projects on the go at once as I have started on the LX.

Couple more bits for her arrived today.

Gussets.JPG

Jade lives, breaths and moves. Not long now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom